Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Doing service for Banks

Anyone mow or do full services for banks? Just wondering since the banks always look top notch with fresh mulch every year and shrub care. I guess the question I'm asking is whether or not there is a lot of money to make in maintaining banks.

"Money & Power leads to Greed and usually ends with Corruption."

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

" A LEADER will always have more haters than a FOLLOWER."
Old 03-04-2012, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Heck yeah. They're loaded with cash.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2012, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking about doing it for Free but in return I get 10 seconds to stuff my pants full of money or get a key to the vault and take what I think is fair :-)

" I don't blame our industry to be looked down at because most of the people either couldn't keep a stable job or were criminals."

Old 03-04-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I did one last year and wished I hadn't. Could have been just my luck of the draw but it was very time consuming and they were quite picky. The biggest problem was one or two tellers that just didn't like me for some reason and they kept complaining to corporate who would relay the message to me, but the job they would be complaining about would be already done. To make matters more awkward it was the bank I used most for my accounts. I would be willing to work at another bank only if I had no accounts there and if I could talk and deal with a manager on site and not some corporate guy who is disconnected from the site. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Member

doing work for them is not bad if you know how it works. Most big banks are run from a corporate contracting who are in charge of all things from cleaning to snowplowing,Get hooked up with them and you have a door open to managing multiple banks. alot of times they wil not just give you one bank but a group of them and if your not willing to take all of them you get nothing.
made in the USA
Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I mow about 30 banks. The monthly maintenance isn't great, but I BANK on the extra work!! Once, I got called out to a bank for an "emergency work order". When I got there, a customer had kicked a sprinkler head off and it only needed to be screwed back on. The back story is, I had just driven through that town, which was about 45 minutes away from my home, I received the WO as I was pulling up to my house. My contract states that I have 4 hours to respond to an emergency WO. In the WO, they said that water was "running down the street!" Being as I had just driven by that property, I knew that there was no water running down the street. So I told them that it would cot them $250 for me to go look at the problem. So, when I arrived, I found the problem, screwed the sprinkler head back on and drive back home!!

I also have another bank that I mulch once a year and I clear about $3k after materials and labor is paid out. It only takes us about 4 hours to mulch it.

So, yes, they can be worth working for!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinlawn29 View Post
doing work for them is not bad if you know how it works. Most big banks are run from a corporate contracting who are in charge of all things from cleaning to snowplowing,Get hooked up with them and you have a door open to managing multiple banks. alot of times they wil not just give you one bank but a group of them and if your not willing to take all of them you get nothing.

Very true with gas stations. I don't like to let out too much info but I had a chance to win a bid for a $1 cheaper for a cumberland farms gas station. Well when I talked to the people they wanted me to do 3-4 gas stations and the lowest insurnace you can get was 3 Million I think and mine was the lowest which is right under a Mill. I had no man power or the equipment to do the gas stations and didn't want to get too ahead of myself. I know the owner's son maybe down the road I will jump back in.