Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/...6-25073146.jpg

Try this and see if it works. You can see the stripes of healthy grass where I sprayed the sumaturf.
Posted via Mobile Device

McFarland- it looks like a runway! Difference is easy to see. What did you apply to the sides if anything? Also looking at the other pictures did you spray the SumaGreen on the plants too? If so, have you seen a difference?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

regular fert on the sides but to be fair the extreme far sides aren't KBG, just the "runway area" is where I did the tests, but you can seen the areas that are and aren't treated. I have not sprayed the plants yet but I have a 1/2 gal of Sumagrow AG to try on all my veggies. I'm excited and will post more soon. It's not a cure all, but definitely shows noticeable growth improvement.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Im hoping to see an improvement in disease resistance, without having to use fungicides. So far so good
Old 07-09-2012, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Member

I will get some pictures to post but I am very, very impressed with the lawns. My garden finally grew Lettuce that is nice and crisp (even during our heat wave) and my Tomatoes are already growing Green where I am not used to seeing that before early August. Probably because I am always late planting.
Anyway Shaded areas on two lawns look fantastic while I have cut back completely on ferts and with the heat waves we had these last several days my clients lawns look great and seem to be very thick which I believe is helping hold the water in the ground better. Either way holding up to the claims and will be very impressed to see what happens this Fall as I am going on a limb saying that they will be growing greener into early December. Hope I am right as that means more cutting and more money for me.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks Promising
Old 07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritage View Post
Looks Promising
We will be introducing it at the Rutgers Turfgrass Field Day, Aug. 1. http://www.njturfgrass.org/fielddays-registration

The nation that destroys its soil destroys itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-13-2012, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn132012 View Post
I will get some pictures to post but I am very, very impressed with the lawns. My garden finally grew Lettuce that is nice and crisp (even during our heat wave) and my Tomatoes are already growing Green where I am not used to seeing that before early August. Probably because I am always late planting.
Anyway Shaded areas on two lawns look fantastic while I have cut back completely on ferts and with the heat waves we had these last several days my clients lawns look great and seem to be very thick which I believe is helping hold the water in the ground better. Either way holding up to the claims and will be very impressed to see what happens this Fall as I am going on a limb saying that they will be growing greener into early December. Hope I am right as that means more cutting and more money for me.
Im not discounting sumagreen, but the things you are describing are a seasonal and regional norm this year. We ALL have green tomatoes already...ive even picked a few almost ripe ones. The ground is holding water (or at least looks like it) better than any year in the last 6 or 7. Lots of interesting seasonal variations going on this year for many reasons. Again, not saying sumagreen isnt doing anything, just that you havent described something that it IS doing yet.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlwn1 View Post
Im not discounting sumagreen, but the things you are describing are a seasonal and regional norm this year. We ALL have green tomatoes already...ive even picked a few almost ripe ones. The ground is holding water (or at least looks like it) better than any year in the last 6 or 7. Lots of interesting seasonal variations going on this year for many reasons. Again, not saying sumagreen isnt doing anything, just that you havent described something that it IS doing yet.
To be fair, I haven't used SumaGreen on my veggie garden, only worm castings and compost before planting. My tomato plants are 7 feet tall. We've been eating cherry tomatoes for 2 weeks & Rutgers for a week. Also eating eggplants, peppers, crook neck squash, zuccinni and for some reason my lettuce has not bolted in this heat.

As for SumaGreen on turf, it is performing as well on irrigated lawns as fertilized lawns. Here in NJ, the soil is holding almost no water. http://climate.rutgers.edu/njwxnet/m...?m=wcvf1&t=cur
So we cannot make any comparisons with non-irrigated lawns.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The results of a field study done at a sports field in California shows a significant increase of plant available nutrients in the soil after SumaGreen applications.

Almost all soils contain more than enough minerals to grow healthy plants. The problem is the minerals are not in plant available forms. It's the job of certain soil microbes to convert nutrients into plant available forms or "mineralization". In soil science, mineralization is used to describe the release of organic compounds during decomposition. The conversion of an element from an organic form to an inorganic state as a result of microbial activity http://www.websters-online-dictionar...Mineralization

SumaGreen appears to have the right microbial soup to do the job. The parent company's agriculture division has been increasing crop yields with fewer fertilizer inputs. SumaGreen Turf contains more turf specific microbes.

Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 07-20-2012, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

We just made a purchase of Sumagreen and will give it a go. Looks like a good fit into organic plan.