Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

LOOKING TO HIRE: Buffalo and Western NY Area

Business is growing and so is my staff. Unfortunately, one of my guys is leaving after the plowing season is over to go on to other endeavors. I'm based out of Amherst between both UB campuses and I work mostly in the Amherst, Clarence and Tonawanda areas. This would be for a full time position in spring and fall and depending how things go it could also be full time all summer, but could also only be like 30 hours a week in the dead of summer. For the right person, this could also turn into a snow plowing job for the winter. The right candidate MUST:
-Have a valid drivers license
-Be able to pass a drug test
-Have a clean driving record
-Have experience in Lawn Maintenance and Landscaping
-Have reliable transportation to work

Really just looking for someone thats responsible and does a good job. I say "must have experience" but as long as you're not an idiot and can learn and are a hard worker I'll train the right person. I cannot stress enough about being on time and showing up for work, READY TO WORK...not hung over from the night before and still smells like booze. I pride myself and my company on a professional image which means the employee is well mannered, well groomed and dresses appropriately (we DO NOT work without shirts on, that seems to be the uniform of choice for some companies). Pay is based on experience and other factors. If this is you or someone you know, please PM me or give my office a call 868-2326. Please mention LawnSite when you call. Thanks!

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Still looking for someone, PM me for details!

My Pictures:
Old 03-25-2012, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Still looking for someone, could start this week!

My Pictures:
Old 03-25-2012, 05:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I posted a wanted ad on CL in the general labor section Mike. You should see some of the responses I am getting. I've got about 20 resumes in my email and maybe 3 of them are worth calling. The guy I hired this season decided not to show up on his first day. He worked for me a little last season. Guess he didnt want to work full time.

PS..good luck this season!

RIP SFC Hall, SGT Forest, CPL Pautsch.I will never forget you guys!

I am the Infantry! Follow me!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlee View Post
I posted a wanted ad on CL in the general labor section Mike. You should see some of the responses I am getting. I've got about 20 resumes in my email and maybe 3 of them are worth calling. The guy I hired this season decided not to show up on his first day. He worked for me a little last season. Guess he didnt want to work full time.

PS..good luck this season!
I had an ad up on CL for about 4 hours and deleted it. The phone calls I got were good for some laughs though....

Hope your season goes well too!

My Pictures: