Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda new here to LS

I've been on here quite a bit since I created this account, but never really formally introduced myself, sooo... Here's my belated introduction:

My name is Zechariah (Zack for short), 28 years old, and I've been in and out of the landscaping business since I was 15 or 16 years old. During my adolescent years, I worked for my brother's landscaping company part time while still going to school. Midway through my senior year, I acquired my GED, left school, and went on to do landscaping full time for a matter of months until business slowed down.

After a time of being unemployed, I ended up working a stock job for a department store (Gottschalks), and held a position in management there for about 5 years until the company went bankrupt and closed its doors for good.

Two years down the road, I landed another landscaping job with a local family-owned company (my current job) where I've been working as a full time landscaper for the last year. With this new job, I've been developing new skills and acquiring more knowledge of this field of work than I ever did before. As I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my work in all areas, I've come to this site for the vast amount of knowledge and expertise of the well-seasoned members who probably know "the field" better than anyone I know locally.

When I'm not performing my landscaping duties, I spend most of my time working in my wood-working shop at home, building home/outdoor furniture, workbenches, cabinets, and misc. items for art decor with my wife-to-be. I also enjoy camping, road trips, writing music, and the occasional cold beer (more of a rare occasion really).
Old 02-26-2012, 03:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Other background information:
From the age of 7 up until I was 14, I assisted in a home remodeling project that ended up taking approximately 7 years to complete due to lack of household finances. While all the other kids in the neighborhood were out playing and generally doing what kids do, I was helping contractors by threading pipes for water lines, nailing down shingles on the roof, running electrical lines throughout the framework, installing insulation, and sheet rocking interior walls. Since that time, I've become quite the workaholic, and it drives me nuts... But, we are who we are.