Thanks!

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Old 02-26-2012, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

very nice my man
Old 02-26-2012, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was expecting to see a red chilie pushing a mower wearing a sombrero...but I guess it's of if it's just a simple website.

Honestly, looks good...we don't even have one yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2012, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
I was expecting to see a red chilie pushing a mower wearing a sombrero...but I guess it's of if it's just a simple website.

Honestly, looks good...we don't even have one yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, I contemplated a chile-theme before! However, my main goals with the site are (in no specific order):
1.) It loads quickly
2.) It's easy to navigate
3.) It exudes professionalism

Old 02-26-2012, 05:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Man how did you understand my comment...this damn small phone screen makes it tough to type correctly sometimes.

A chilie themed website would have been cool...that is if you were a pepper farmer!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2012, 06:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For PayPal payments, do ypu tack on a percentage? I like the idea and it's simple and pretty cheap...no cc machine needed either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Some SEO problems

Hey,

I like the appearance of the site a lot. It is simple, not too many pages and is easy to follow.

With that said, just by looking at your coding, I think it will be almost impossible for www.integritylm.tk to rank in the search engines.

First, in the keywords meta tag, you only have one keyword, your website domain name.

Second, I noticed your whole website is an iframe of http://www.integritylm.byethost7.com/

Therefore, the search engines will not capture any of your text on your pages since your website is merely a working screenshot of another site. Is there anyway to get rid of the iframe? If so, I would HIGHLY recommend doing so. Otherwise, you won't be found unless they type in your address directly.

Another option is to create a domain redirect with masking. I did this for my website. My website is www.kirkslawncare.com. I noticed many people were typing in www.kirkslawnservice.com and not getting to my site. I looked and the domain name was available, bought it, and set up a domain redirect. So what it will do is, when someone types in www.kirkslawnservice.com, it will actually redirect them to www.kirkslawncare.com. You can change an option called masking and it will redirect, but the website address bar would still say www.kirkslawnservice.com. I know this may sound confusing but if you need more clarification, contact me.

Also, were all the .com domain names taken when you looked? I would HIGHLY reccomend getting a .com domain name. To be honest, I would never remember a .tk domain name.

So there's my critique. Let me know if you need more clarification. We are all here to help!

Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
For PayPal payments, do ypu tack on a percentage? I like the idea and it's simple and pretty cheap...no cc machine needed either.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, I do not tack on a percentage. Credit card payments are merely a way for me to receive my money quicker and are a convenience for my customers. Only about 10% pay by credit card. It is nice, though.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilehead View Post
No, I do not tack on a percentage. Credit card payments are merely a way for me to receive my money quicker and are a convenience for my customers. Only about 10% pay by credit card. It is nice, though.
We mostly collect checks, but it would be nice to get paid by cc if the people didn't have the money right away or just wanted to pay by cc. I've only had a few that asked if we accepted cc so that's why I asked.I didnt want to invest in a cc machine if it would be used a few times per season.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
Hey,

I like the appearance of the site a lot. It is simple, not too many pages and is easy to follow.

With that said, just by looking at your coding, I think it will be almost impossible for www.integritylm.tk to rank in the search engines.

First, in the keywords meta tag, you only have one keyword, your website domain name.

Second, I noticed your whole website is an iframe of http://www.integritylm.byethost7.com/

Therefore, the search engines will not capture any of your text on your pages since your website is merely a working screenshot of another site. Is there anyway to get rid of the iframe? If so, I would HIGHLY recommend doing so. Otherwise, you won't be found unless they type in your address directly.

Another option is to create a domain redirect with masking. I did this for my website. My website is www.kirkslawncare.com. I noticed many people were typing in www.kirkslawnservice.com and not getting to my site. I looked and the domain name was available, bought it, and set up a domain redirect. So what it will do is, when someone types in www.kirkslawnservice.com, it will actually redirect them to www.kirkslawncare.com. You can change an option called masking and it will redirect, but the website address bar would still say www.kirkslawnservice.com. I know this may sound confusing but if you need more clarification, contact me.

Also, were all the .com domain names taken when you looked? I would HIGHLY reccomend getting a .com domain name. To be honest, I would never remember a .tk domain name.

So there's my critique. Let me know if you need more clarification. We are all here to help!
First, thanks! Second, the URL with the .tk extension is a redirect for the site with the .byethost7.com extension. If you do a web search for lawn care or landscsaping services in Hampton, GA my entry is near the top. Also, if you search for my company by name, it is at or near the top. I will take your advice though on the meta tags and add some more keywords.
The reason for the wacky extensions is because they are free. Things are a bit tight right now (personal issues), and I needed something for those who find me on local business directories or have a business card of mine. The first upgrade will likely be a .com URL.