Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
I've heard much higher prices than what's seen above, but it has to do with the state and area a person's property is in and other factors. It is not one chart fits all. I also spoke to Dupont about it and they confirmed values vary depending on many issues. Mine can't be replaced at those prices in my area. Of course, removal cost is not in those values either or other costs.
I was told they didn't know where those prices came from when I asked but I'd still like to know if that poster was compensated after the offer.

Patch, the updates getting national coverage. When you type in "imprelis" in google, this is the site with all the information. Have close to 8000 looks, I'm sure the majority aren't LCO's. The latest story being Dupont not mailing checks for offers back in March.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchoulipal View Post
I think we need to try to get this story some national news coverage. Does anyone have any contacts to possibly help that happen?
I do, but waiting to see my offer before I go forward with media story. If I see something positive in their process with me then I won't proceed with national media. I have connections at two of the big four broadcast nets. At this point I feel I must be careful going completely public and will not unless the claims process is junk and I hire a law firm. Then, I'll have to have an attorney with me if I do a story to make sure nothing creates a problem for my case, if it comes to that. Getting all my ducks lined up though.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I have considered calling our News channel in the Cleveland area. Starbuy would be familiar with Carl Monday from the 19 action news he investigates stories to help get to the bottom of them. I have some contacts with someone who used to be in the news room that I could possibly in turn have Carl Monday come out and do a story on our trees and maybe if Starbuy would be willing to let them interview him also and show his trees, since he is in the area....could possibly rattle some things on Duponts end if it hits the news and could possibly travel beyond Cleveland news?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I agree Starbuy, it's better to wait and see what the offer is before going to the media. But something to consider for us since we are close to one another to have both our stories heard, power in numbers!!!!!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Lover View Post
I agree Starbuy, it's better to wait and see what the offer is before going to the media. But something to consider for us since we are close to one another to have both our stories heard, power in numbers!!!!!
Carl is a good investigative reporter. But, I'm also thinking 60 Minutes especially if more people who signed agreements don't actually get compensated in a timely manner and if the EPA's meeting in June comes out with anything interesting. I also think an investigation into the EPA's testing and their allowance for this to go to market to be used on residential properties and not just commercial properties speaks volumes on the EPA. But, they'll probably end up getting millions from fining Dupont even though they permitted this in a limited way. I'll give this some time and give Dupont a little more time for redemption in this matter. But, I've got plenty of HD video documentation on the progress thus far.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Tree Lover, as Cindy mentioned we think your private message option in your account is not turned on so that you can receive private messages on this site. I would like to PM you something if you don't mind.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Member

sure how do I do that????
Old 05-22-2012, 02:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When you're logged in click on your name at the top right corner of site, then look for CP (left side of your account page I believe), then click on Options in the left column. That takes you to a page where you can click a box to allow private messages.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:57 PM
LawnSite Member

think I got it, you can try. I apologize I had trouble finding it.
and to think I work on a computer all day UGH
Old 05-22-2012, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I apologize, it's looks as though I do not have permission to turn on PM?
there is not option to turn on or off in my control panel options?
I may need to contact site to see if I can do so.
I don't believe I can PM you either to contact you.
See what I can do in the meantime.