Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2012, 03:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, maybe contact the people running the site to get help. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Lover View Post
I apologize, it's looks as though I do not have permission to turn on PM?
there is not option to turn on or off in my control panel options?
I may need to contact site to see if I can do so.
I don't believe I can PM you either to contact you.
See what I can do in the meantime.
I received your public message to me, but it was just public and not private.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:46 PM
LawnSite Member

think I activated it. take a look and you can message me now
Old 05-22-2012, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dupont Imprelis may have a 19 year presence in affected soil according to the EPA registration:

The following figures were taken straight from the Imprelis EPA Registration:

At 365 days after application found at 70-90 cm in soil

-aerobic terrestrial half life 373 days

-anaerobic terrestrial half life 6932 days

6932 days is a half life of 19 years.

I'm glad some have had some short term success so far in planting in some affected soils, but these figures from the EPA Imprelis registration are disturbing. No wonder Dupont is seeking to settle with property owners directly instead of through the courts. Think of the possible punitive damages courts may make them pay. Yikes!
Old 05-22-2012, 03:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Starbuy and Cindy, here is what the site moderator told me about PM

you need to be a member of the site for 10 days and have made 10 posts...once you have done both then the private messaging option will automatically become available to you

guess I have a few days to go before I can have PM
Old 05-22-2012, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No problem TL. Thanks for notifying!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Unfair compensation

I've been reviewing resolution agreements for property owners and have been finding that for trees 20 feet tall or less the DuPont money will not cover replacement. That additional 15% evaporates on reseeding, sod, broken irrigation lines, fence removal, septic tank field laterals, underground pet fence, side walks, mandatory erosion control, no solid waste dump and on and on and on. Not to mention I've seen dead and injured replants.

How about the hardwoods this year I have been evaluating with severe injury? Have you considered the damage to root systems? Most people just look at the canopy, what about the roots that were initially exposed to the toxin. Have you noticed how yellow/pale/chlorotic some canopies look? The roots can't take up the nutrients and water. What is going to happen in July when the tree needs water or there is even a slight drought?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Resolution agreements

Any one with resolution agreements and trees over 50 foot tall I would appreciate information regarding the height, species, and DuPont value offered for the tree.

For example, a 55 ft Norway = $10,000
A 56 Ft Norway = $11,000

A 100 Ft Norway = $19,000.

I'm putting together information related to height, species and offer to determine how fair the offer is.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the conversation AC.

Are you a LCO or an attorney?

Trying to understand your statement that trees under 20 feet tall aren't covered for replacement?

And I agree with the hardwood root damage, my Bradford pears aren't looking wonderful. Dupont is suppose to cover any additional trees up to 2013 but we might not have a settlement by then. I'm not to happy with how my blackberries are doing and my roses have never been the same.This 90 degree 3 day weekend is just a preview of the upcoming summer.

We had someone post replacement values up to 28 ft but Dupont told me those weren't correct. A golf course had an offer of $92,000 for their trees. 9 trees, 49 ft tall so thats about $8900.00 a tree and the 15%.

This is the only forum that has good updates and we aren't seeing offers posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRCORP View Post
I've been reviewing resolution agreements for property owners and have been finding that for trees 20 feet tall or less the DuPont money will not cover replacement. That additional 15% evaporates on reseeding, sod, broken irrigation lines, fence removal, septic tank field laterals, underground pet fence, side walks, mandatory erosion control, no solid waste dump and on and on and on. Not to mention I've seen dead and injured replants.

How about the hardwoods this year I have been evaluating with severe injury? Have you considered the damage to root systems? Most people just look at the canopy, what about the roots that were initially exposed to the toxin. Have you noticed how yellow/pale/chlorotic some canopies look? The roots can't take up the nutrients and water. What is going to happen in July when the tree needs water or there is even a slight drought?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRCORP View Post
Any one with resolution agreements and trees over 50 foot tall I would appreciate information regarding the height, species, and DuPont value offered for the tree.

For example, a 55 ft Norway = $10,000
A 56 Ft Norway = $11,000

A 100 Ft Norway = $19,000.

I'm putting together information related to height, species and offer to determine how fair the offer is.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.livingstondaily.com/artic...92K-settlement