Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you Aircorp for answering my questions. We would like you to share pictures. Just go to the reply area and below you will see the advanced yellow button. Click on that. you will then be in a box with icons above where you type. you will see a small paperclip there by a white smily face. click on that you can then upload photos. Thanks again for your info. and please keep us posted on other news you hear or info on settlements you have heard of.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Starbuy

1. To my knowledge no one has been successful with a counter offer.
2. No one has added a time line for payment to their resolution offer.
3. It takes a long time to get paid.
4. Are you getting interest on the monetary loss you incurred in 2011 from the day the first tree started to decline? Interest at some fair and equitable rate. Well, DuPont is getting interest on every dollar they can keep in the bank without having to pay property owners. Did you think about that?

If you want to ask me questions. Please number them. It is very time consuming for me to go through and pick out your questions. I'm real busy today. I'll chat more tomorrow.

Thank you
Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks AirCorp. Yes, I'll number any questions I might have. Please don't feel obligated to answer, you will not come across rude. We all have duties and can't be on here all the time.

I have my property value loss and of course the longer this goes on the more loss.

1. What interest % have your clients been demanding at this point to be including in their civil cases?
Old 05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm surprised there aren't more people that have demanded Dupont guarantees compensation by a certain date after a person approves. Must be some very trusting people to think they'll eventually get paid their due compensation by a company who refuses to tell the claimant that if they approve the settlement offer they will be sent the full amount within x days. I've got to have that in writing, otherwise they could legally delay payment for who knows how long and then your only recourse would be to try to file suit for breach of settlement contract. Of course, the property owner will have already signed away their right to sue Dupont for Imprelis issues. Amazing.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WBNS, the CBS affiliate in Columbus Ohio, just did a small news story on Imprelis damage featuring 1 property owner who's still waiting on Dupont. Unfortunately for that homeowner, her claim is being handled with the group that her LCO submitted, which may be slowing things down for some who's LCO didn't fill out everything completely. Not saying that happened in this case, but I know it has happened and causes the claim to be slowed down while Dupont tries to get more information (such as if the LCO did not checkmark whether the homeowner has hired an attorney). A simple oversight like that can cause long delays.

See: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ead-trees.html
Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If I understand the Florida Supreme court ruling, this group of attorneys didn't do their clients right on the Benlate settlement. The tree company was expecting about $200,000.00 so the attorney kept the rest? So they were collecting part of the clients money and working with Dupont?

Quote:
The Florida Bar brought separate disciplinary actions against the four named partners of the firm alleging that they committed misconduct by engaging in a secret “engagement agreement” with the DuPont Corporation, solely for their own financial benefit, while they were representing the clients in the Benlate cases against DuPont.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

duplicate message
Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Star, nice story. I didn't understand the "Company officials told 10TV News that Imprelis might have caused the damage and they stopped selling the product". Might have caused?
Old 05-25-2012, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

For those who are newly researching the Imprelis disaster here's a little more background on one of the reasons why Dupont is in hot water:

"EPA: DuPont Knew Imprelis Herbicide Could Damage Trees"by Todd Heft on August 15, 2011 in Environment
http://www.bigblogofgardening.com/ep...-damage-trees/

"The EPA investigation revealed that DuPont actually knew of Imprelis’ potential to damage evergreens, but never included this information on Imprelis’ product label."
Old 05-25-2012, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Star, a question?

Quote:
New York and California never gave their approval to Imprelis, believing that the product required further testing.
I take it they did finally approve since they have companies listed for services on the dupont site.