Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another report has been published of property owners who accepted Dupont's offer yet haven't heard anything back for Dupont. Even their LCO can't even get Dupont to acknowledge that the signed offers were received. USPS certified mail has to be signed for in order for it to be delivered, but even though you may have that proof it doesn't mean the claims department in Dupont has looked at the signed documents yet, only that it was delivered and accepted by a Dupont mail receiver.

Also reportedly many finding out the offers are way too low. No response to their rejection letters was noted in the link below.

An LCO suffered a stroke and was hospitalized reportedly due to the stress this Imprelis disaster allegedly caused him and his clients. Very sad. I hope he's doing better.

"Tree owners, lawn care pros still guessing about payment after alleged DuPont herbicide damage" - by MLive http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...is_claims.html
Old 06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the article.

Quote:
He says the stress of the whole thing put him in the hospital with a minor stroke.

“It’s been intense,” he said. “All fingers were pointing at us, the applicators. As a small business, that was tough.”
Hope he is OK too, it hasn't been a picnic at our house either. I feel even worse for the older people like that couple that should be enjoying their yards and retirement and have to deal with this.

I've sit and worried now that the vegetables I grew and gave away, were they safe. Same with the wine, wondering if I should toss it.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Speaking strictly on the strength of Imprelis (aminocyclopyrachlor methyl herbicide) action of certain plant life, it is reportedly four times more powerful than Agent Orange. Kind of scary isn't it? Here's a link about Agent Orange: http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerC...nge-and-cancer
Old 06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
Speaking strictly on the strength of Imprelis (aminocyclopyrachlor methyl herbicide) action of certain plant life, it is reportedly four times more powerful than Agent Orange. Kind of scary isn't it? Here's a link about Agent Orange: http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerC...nge-and-cancer
Any LCO's reading? How often do you all have physicals and bloodwork and xrays, that is flat out scary.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I've had three visits and not a peep. The first visit was a Dupont rep very early on. They said I was one of the first 10 to complain in Columbus or Ohio, can't remember. Second visit was my lawn care company (Weedman) that did all my paperwork and pictures. The third visit was with Dupont, Davey and Weedman. It appears that they were "checking up" on his claims. I was glad I was here that day as i picked the Davey tree guy's brain for an hour. I put all my trees and most of my other vegetation on a new claim after that visit in late march.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Currently, I still have not received an offer from Dupont even though my first site visit was done in September and a second one in October. Although Dupont has said they are working as fast as possible and have allocated 200 staff to this process it is obvious they are NOT reviewing and sending out offers in order of when they received the claim. Is it possible those of us who have repeatedly called them and kept up with this and who seem knowledgeble about our true monetary loss are the ones being delayed in a stack of 'more costly problem properties'?

Here are a variety of reports about Imprelis that may or may not have already been mentioned, but just consolidating a few here:

"Imprelis victims still waiting for DuPont fix"-http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/p...nclick_check=1

"Dupont uses Imprelis on their own Country Club and suffered damage"
http://blogs.delawareonline.com/dela...pont-property/

"DuPont knew about damage, studies show" - by Jonathan Starkey, "According to DuPont's test data, which was provided to the EPA on July 28 as a part of the agency's investigation, "certain coniferous trees, including Norway spruce and balsam fir, are susceptible to being damaged or killed by the application of Imprelis."
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/delaware...Aug+13%2C+2011
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
I've had three visits and not a peep. The first visit was a Dupont rep very early on. They said I was one of the first 10 to complain in Columbus or Ohio, can't remember. Second visit was my lawn care company (Weedman) that did all my paperwork and pictures. The third visit was with Dupont, Davey and Weedman. It appears that they were "checking up" on his claims. I was glad I was here that day as i picked the Davey tree guy's brain for an hour. I put all my trees and most of my other vegetation on a new claim after that visit in late march.
Welcome to the thread! What month did your claim first get submitted with the measurements?
Old 06-04-2012, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
Welcome to the thread! What month did your claim first get submitted with the measurements?
Late October
Old 06-04-2012, 10:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm currently reviewing a number of law firms and their retainer contracts to see who I may retain in this Imprelis matter. Since Dupont is dragging their feet and the statute of limitations is in view next year, it looks like I won't be waiting for their offer anymore. The direct resolution process Dupont set up seems hopeless in my case especially if they are insisting some of the work such as removal be done by a third party such as Davey Tree. That's ridiculous since all compensation for damages should go to the property owner and they should be the ones to hire who they want coming on their property.

Davey Tree in northeast Ohio won't even give estimates to Imprelis victims without a fee (deposit if you use them), while they've always given free estimates for any other tree removal you want done. My impression of Davey Tree has really been impacted by this behavior. I might have used them, but not anymore.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

My feeling from the start was to retain counsel. I decided to let Weedman deal with it in the interim.

Obviously Davey has a financial interest in this process as they are being paid by Dupont. Their impartial judgement is long gone.