Click for Weather

Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.bunchandjames.com/tag/lawsuit/
Old 04-10-2012, 04:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
Amazing. They have Davey as the people to price and do the job but don't want to pay the amount.

Going on a year, my site visit is scheduled. We'll see.
Are you saying there hasn't been a site visit yet for you property?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We chose the option of the LCO doing the paper work and pictures. I in addition, have the damage/estimate report from the tree company on the Dupont list but no this is the first Dupont visit.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Purdue has a list of trees/bushes affected. Also talks about weakened root systems that could be more susceptible to drought and future problems.

http://news.msue.msu.edu/news/articl..._with_imprelis
Old 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looking forward to any updates you share. Let us know what company Dupont hired in your area to do the site visit. On my first site visit I asked the arborist if they thought the trees were recoverable and they said no. They may not offer to tell you anything, but can respond if you ask them a direct question. The more information you have direct from the arborist the more you have to speak directly with Dupont about it. I've been talking to Dupont a lot. I don't deal with the LCO at all since they don't know anything from Dupont anyhow. I've gotten more information from Dupont on my own.

Thanks for providing the link to MSU report. Another one for me to print and file into my Imprelis folder.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Star, Dupont had a contractor and a Davy employee. It was nice to recognize the Davy name as one on the list of supported tree companies and to also know they were a company that had used Imprelis.

A couple of my trees had new growth, deformed but new growth, insides are toasted and deformed. I know the root system has possible damage causing future problems.We asked how long the Imprelis stays in the soil and they didn't know.

The trees with damage that weren't on the report filed weren't inspected and will have to be on the counter offer.

I've followed guidelines and had a listed company arborist come out and do the inspection. My trees are 35-40 ft tall, confirmed height so I don't have a chart for that height.

It should be a no brainer for Dupont. I have the estimate for the tree company that they asked us to work with, I'm sure the mature trees, they know the value and I expect them to do the right thing.

I only had one tree that improved and that was my peach tree. I won't be eating any peaches though.

Also we mentioned our runoff was killing the trees next door that we bought and planted and we were lead to believe that would be our problem. Uh don't think so. So glad that I've kept up to date here on this board. My neighbors have turned in their own claim.

I guess I'm confused that the reps being sent out don't have many answers but there are only there to confirm damage and sizes.

This beauty hasn't changed except its crispy now. The other tree is my front yard Christmas tree.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2012, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

2 more. I've named all my trees. This one is Pineapple. I also have witches fingers, bamboo, Charlie Brown. A group shot of my back area. I get so sick to think my pets are buried in a spot that might have to be replanted.
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can you post a picture of this year's growth that is deformed? That is interesting and would seem to indicate that the imprelis is definatley still active in the soil/tree.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you cindyb for posting the photos! I need to post mine sometime. Mine are dead and are now just brown toasty looking trees like a forest fire came through. Depressing to look at. Would love to get rid of them, but won't until Dupont resolves this through their process or in court. So, I live with the major eye soar until then.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to be patient and work with them. They didn't take measurements or pics of the 5 arborvites sp? that are now affected.

Still no offer. I bumped this thread because I see Brickman is now on the list for Ky. My tree company that did my first estimate hasn't added in the soil removal and replacement. I know that is going to be massive. I want to make sure the compensation package actually covers the work.

I don't guess anybody has the replacement value for trees above 28 ft? I have the one the home owner shared on the values on another thread.

Let me check my iphone and see if I have new pics, those might be it. My Blue Spruce look even worse.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...light=Brickman