Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Pics are all the home computer. I'll get some new ones this weekend if its not pouring so it has the date and time stamp. I have to add the arbors and document the worsening damage to the Blue Spruce. The insides are gone, if they shape, I'll have a stick and the top is toasted. I'll take the ladder out. The sides look like I weed eated down the sides.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I called Dupont yesterday (not the helpline) as I did not have an answer form my last Dec 9th guestion" Who pays for the removal of the contaminated soils and the charcoal treatment " this was for new plantings not tree replacement. I was told there are no funds for disposing of this soil.I also have 4> 35 ft plus spruces affected along with 22 other trees on my home/business property.I have not received any offer only a visit from Davey Tree and a hired Dupont rep.Does not appear this is going well even though they commented they have "many" satisfied with the offers.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanponds View Post
I called Dupont yesterday (not the helpline) as I did not have an answer form my last Dec 9th guestion" Who pays for the removal of the contaminated soils and the charcoal treatment " this was for new plantings not tree replacement. I was told there are no funds for disposing of this soil.I also have 4> 35 ft plus spruces affected along with 22 other trees on my home/business property.I have not received any offer only a visit from Davey Tree and a hired Dupont rep.Does not appear this is going well even though they commented they have "many" satisfied with the offers.
And they wonder why people are seeking legal council? From their site:

Quote:
REMOVAL AND PLANTING
• The property owner is responsible for compliance with all laws, regulations and other
applicable restrictions, including those governing excavation and utilities, removal of
trees, protection of workers, and disposal of tree and soil material.
I have 19 trees, from 8 to 40 feet tall. I didn't poison the soil, they did. I'll pay the tree company to do the work with the compensation funds IF they can find a landfill that will accept the toxic mess. I won't decide until I see the offer and make sure I'm not stuck with the soil. I'm also concerned with long term and what I'm responsible for in a few years.

I thought Dupont would accept the responsibility for their actions. Almost a year, had my site visit, trees continue to worsen, guess I'll read the first offer and jump the hoops and do a counter offer but my patience is getting thinner.

Only Good news, the longer they wait, they more time I've had to research and learn whats happening.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just got some new pics, the wind is wild out there.

Close up of new growth on the Arborvites sp?
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2012, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New growth?
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't see much change
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

New growth and worsening
Attached Images

Old 04-24-2012, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi Cyndib

Thanks for the pics. They look a lot like mine. I have over 50 affected trees and shrubs. Ratings were taken last fall, but trees have continued to decline and they look a lot worse now. I am now worried even those rated 1 or 2 will not make it, and some unaffected ones will suffer. I also see the grass around the severely affected trees have turned white with what appears to be dripping lines from the dead trees. Something coming out of the dead needles? This is a post I did on another discussion:

I am a homeowner in Minnesota. We have over 50 trees and shrubs affected. New buds are just starting out in this area, but I see a continued affect on the affected trees. A few branches on spruce trees will have new buds starting to open, but the majority of the tree have none. Maybe the new buds are just delayed, but I see no new buds on tips or further in on the branches. I have one affected blue spruce bush (mound), with weak unopened buds, while another unaffected blue spruce bush has big nice looking buds. I am discouraged by this. And this doesn't even begin to address the 30 completely dead 14' trees I have to continually look at as Dupont won't let me get rid of those. I was hoping to just take my lumps, get the resolution and get on with my life. But now??????????? I have not seen the resolution proposal yet, but from what I hear I will also be disappointed with that. I would also like the ABC link
Old 04-24-2012, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bookmarked that link, let me find you.

I see Dupont, even with Imprelis, has turned a profit

http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=Imprelis
Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Here's the ABC story

http://www.wisn.com/Landscaper-Blame...z/-/index.html