Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Some of your examples are exactly why I feel like the 15% of the settlement for going through this process is simply insulting. The question is, will we really end up with anything more by the time the cases would actually be settled by an attorney and after their hefty cut?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:59 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchoulipal View Post
Some of your examples are exactly why I feel like the 15% of the settlement for going through this process is simply insulting. The question is, will we really end up with anything more by the time the cases would actually be settled by an attorney and after their hefty cut?
The firm I've retained will not allow any settlement without my full approval. I am the final say. So yes, I will receive more than what they offered and plenty for attorney fees on top of that. I have WAY more progressive damage occuring which DuPont does not want to acknowledge plus the fact we don't know the full extent of our future costs to us due to property devaluations and possible requirements when trying to sell the property with known toxins in our property. The loss of use, the impact to our lives and the animals and birds who used to call our trees home have been greatly effected. We've lost the enjoyment of our property, our privacy, our wind hedges, our erosion preventers, our landscape beauty, our gardens. How many years before some of us who've been hard hit will really be able to replant? Some scientists say at least three years. All these things including many other legal issues the lawyers are placing in the lawsuit means DuPont owes me way more than what they offered. I'm not going to say on here how much their offer was because it's completely meaningless to me and nothing that should be used as a guide for any sort of value.

To those who've accepted the offer and actually got the full check from DuPont, make sure whomever replaces your trees gets the premium quality trees and shubs and not the conservation quality which is cheaper for them (where they pocket more profit). Better to select your own at a nursery and make them get them there. According to what Davey Tree told me that will eat up all that 15% so-called compensation and then some. Some have tried replanting according to DuPont's instructions and have lost their new plants too.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Member

Starbuy, it doesn't seem quite right you have continually asked others to share their settlement offer information throughout this thread, but yet you will not share your information.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchoulipal View Post
Starbuy, it doesn't seem quite right you have continually asked others to share their settlement offer information throughout this thread, but yet you will not share your information.
You may notice that after I realized their offer had no timely payment guarantee and that they wouldn't compensate properly for many of the things that will cost me money in relandscaping I no longer felt any need to find out what kind of offers people received. I was only interested when I had a little hope that this could be resolved through their resolution process. I then realized, after getting more information on my own from independent experts, that the legal rights I would give up if I signed their agreement and the financial shortfall I would be accepting with their proposal that I would be better off ignoring their process. Their amount to me is meaningless. I will never discuss it on here because it won't help anyone. They only were going to compensate for 15 when I now have more than double that amount that are permanently damaged. Plus they won't even compensate for my utility lines that will get dug up in the removal process. There offer isn't even a tenth of what they owe me, so why even mention it? Why would it help you?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Where can I get a reputable, accurate monetary value for 40' Norway Spruce and a 30' Colorado Blue Spruce?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I've been researching replacements myself. If you are figuring the cost of bringing in the same size tree, you'd probably have to call a tree company. I've been talking to kentfarms.us You have to factor in the cost of digging the replacement tree, the flatbed truck to bring it in, if I remember right only 3 trees that size can be hauled and then of course the gas charge and having the equipment ready to dig and plant so the cost of the tree is just part of it.

My list only goes to 24 feet on the Norway, they would have to locate one. He might be able to give you an estimate of value. You don't want conservation grade.

Quote:
All of the trees listed in the price list are of #1 quality (unless otherwise specified) and conform to
the guidelines as described in the American Standard for Nursery Stock. If you need something
different than the standard, let us know before we quote the material. We will put all the
information in the quote. Then you review it and let us know if we are on the same page.

Our “Conservation Grade” trees are available in most species and sizes. We can furnish them in
two different configurations. 1. They will have a good face and a poor back. These are excellent
for screening or places where you can tolerate one side with a hole or a flat spot. 2. We can also
furnish trees that are good all the way around, but have a light density. These trees will have the
natural layered look. Both are the same price, you tell us what you want.

Specimen plants available for an additional 20%. Our specimen plants are as close to perfect as Mother Nature allows.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

July 11th 2012. Called and I'm in the final stages.....still

http://news.yahoo.com/wright-schulte...235215575.html

Picture isn't very clear, its the top of one of my 40 ft plus pines. The bugs are trying to do the clean up and stripping the dead bark.
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

cindyb. thanks for the reply. I'm not going to replant 40' Norway Spruce because most quality landscapers in my area recommend nothing taller than14' which is okay with me. I am looking for the dollar value of 40' Norway Spruce and the 30' Colorado because I am pursuing this through legal channels and expect Dupont to compensate me for my loss of my 40 & 30' tree and the replacement trees.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Member

If you look back in this thread (10-20 pages), you will see the complete chart Dupont is using for trees that are over 20 feet for reimbursement. Yes you are correct, I have tried to put in trees in my previous house that were bigger and they just do not do well. I really think you do best with about 10 foot trees. I have put that size in and it actually out grows the larger one at the 3 year mark because the bigger one stays in shock longer.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
If you look back in this thread (10-20 pages), you will see the complete chart Dupont is using for trees that are over 20 feet for reimbursement.
Do you have a post number? I see the replacement chart for trees up to 20 ft?