Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-13-2012, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

I called Dupont this morning for &hits and giggles and was told my claim is no longer in the under review/pending phase. I can't wait to see what that offer would have been. I have so much more damage in my yard now than I had last November.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Are you saying DuPont is in the 'final' stages with your claim and you are waiting for the numbers?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I started calling in Feb. 2012. We went into the final stages in May 2012. All of June, July 17 it moved to the drafting stage. Called back August 2nd and it hadn't changed. Guess they didn't know it was delivered.

Supposed to take my blackberries to the Fair entry today. Nothing but little crispies. Everything just continues to worsen.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeNut View Post
Are you saying DuPont is in the 'final' stages with your claim and you are waiting for the numbers?
I guess. She couldn't give me a timeline though.... big surprise.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I called this morning and was told the same thing. She would not give me any estimate of when to expect an offer to settle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Member

So after numerous phone calls to Dupont headquarters, letters and to the infamous Dupont hotline, I finally get a call today (keeping in mind I've been told repeatedly that my claim is in reveiw) that they are scheduling a visit to my property to verify my claim. Okay, so they didn't take stock in my LCO's findings and didn't bother to review my photos showing the progressive decline documented on a monthly basis. It is apparent from my dealings with Dupont that they have many third party folks assisting in the claim process but it doesn't seem like any of them exchange info between the various departments. You would think Dupont has enough cash to have one data base with the info and be able to track the status of claims better because the claim number is property specific. As I stated before just another sandbagging effort by Dupont. Hope all you folks that have signed off on your resoultion pkg see your checks before the end of 2013! Stay tuned for the mealy-mouthed visit.

Last edited by rosewater; 08-15-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
So after numerous phone calls to Dupont headquarters, letters and to the infamous Dupont hotline, I finally get a call today (keeping in mind I've been told repeatedly that my claim is in reveiw) that they are scheduling a visit to my property to verify my claim. Okay, so they didn't take stock in my LCO's findings and didn't bother to review my photos showing the progressive decline documented on a monthly basis. It is apparent from my dealings with Dupont that they have many third party folks assisting in the claim process but it doesn't seem like any of them exchange info between the various departments. You would think Dupont has enough cash to have one data base with the info and be able to track the status of claims better because the claim number is property specific. As I stated before just another sandbagging effort by Dupont. Hope all you folks that have signed off on your resoultion pkg see your checks before the end of 2013! Stay tuned for the mealy-mouthed visit.

They checked up on my LCOs claim too. It only hurt them as the third party people that showed up showed me damage on a bunch more trees and vegetation.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Member

"They checked up on my LCOs claim too. It only hurt them as the third party people that showed up showed me damage on a bunch more trees and vegetation." So Ubetit how long after the Dupont visit did you wait to receive you resolution pkg?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone have written documentation regarding the removal and disposal of plant materials and soil containing Imprelis? In Dupont's resolution pkg (which I have a copy of but not mine) under "removal and disposal" if refers to removing and disposing of properly... but does not state specific facts. I'm asking this because the tree removal service dollar amount seems high- much more than just cutting down the tree and boring out the stump. I've had other trees removed and have a good idea on cost. On another note, I called my regular tree guy asking for an estimate on removing a tree and told him about the imprelis issue...he hasn't returned my two calls and I am assuming he wants no part of it.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
Does anyone have written documentation regarding the removal and disposal of plant materials and soil containing Imprelis? In Dupont's resolution pkg (which I have a copy of but not mine) under "removal and disposal" if refers to removing and disposing of properly... but does not state specific facts. I'm asking this because the tree removal service dollar amount seems high- much more than just cutting down the tree and boring out the stump. I've had other trees removed and have a good idea on cost. On another note, I called my regular tree guy asking for an estimate on removing a tree and told him about the imprelis issue...he hasn't returned my two calls and I am assuming he wants no part of it.
Yes, I have the offer and when I get a chance I want to post a scan of it so all can see. They don't want to give the actual victim the compensation for the removal, but want to give YOUR money to a third party as part of a back deal to keep LCOs and Davey Tree submissive. Even the honest Davey Tree employee told me the offer isn't really enough and not sure what quality plant I'd get compared to before. No way. DuPont does not want to spell out in the offer how much they'll pay the third party for removal. offer does not include FULL remediation of all soil needed to really safely replant in future according to most experts. rip off.

And, boring out the stump is no where near what needs to be done in order to make your property like it once was. If you want a privacy hedge back like you had then you have to plant in the same area, but if only the stump is ground down you've still got all that Imprelis toxin lingering. DuPont even had the nerve to suggest I just plant elsewhere instead of the same spot the damaged tree was. They've ruined my landscape

Last edited by Starbuy; 08-15-2012 at 05:53 PM.