Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 PM
LawnSite Member

on continuing imprelis damage...I want Dupont to advise claimants how quickly they will respond to counter offers...a common courtesy. Purdue University, Office of Indiana State Chemist, Michigan State University Extension, Penn State, University of Minnesota to name just a few--they all have weighed in on continuing damage in 2012. Sleazy management award.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Can't wait

Can't wait to hear their response--whatever it is, it will tell us all something. You are sending that certified mail aren't you?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The 15% for all other plants and loss of use and loss of enjoyment doesn't cover much of anything. Was going to take pictures but it was raining.

I guess I can take pictures of empty holes where day lilies and lavender didn't come up.

Here's my Lilac first curling and now getting crunchy.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Weeping Willow. Early treatment, leaves grew together, 3 as one. See if you can tell where the Imprelis growth is.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rated 1. This was a couple weeks ago, the dying is going up the tree. Notice the pink. New pics coming.
Attached Images

Last edited by cindyb; 08-28-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bushes have the deformed growth and then turn brown
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeNut View Post
Can't wait to hear their response--whatever it is, it will tell us all something. You are sending that certified mail aren't you?
Absolutely. I sent the package this morning via USPS Express Mail with tracking and signature required. DuPont will have in their hands by noon EST tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Member

new to this

been reading these posts for a while now,decided to join and tell my story......this site has offered more information than i have got from dupont or my lco,we bought are house in oct,2011 2 months later we got handed an adendum from our realitor from the ladies attorney that we bought house from to transfer her imprelis claim to us,we did not understand anything except a chemical was used to kill weeds but had affected the trees and bushes,no big deal really!! our plan was to cut trees down anyway as they were ugly as well as redo the landscaping,we were not aware the trees were ugly do to this product,we had 4 evergreen trees,3 in back and 1 in front yard,february i called and complained to dupont about the shape of my trees as they had gotten worse and branches were falling and hitting my power lines,1 week later davey tree showed up and cut 1 in front yard down that was near my power line,then i got call from my lco saying not to let them cut anymore down cuz they want the job,in april lco came out and said only 1 tree in the back yard is related to imprelis,the others are a fungus....i said well if you come to take it take the other 2 with ya,he said how will you pay for the other,i said when dupont sends me money,he agreed...so all my trees have been cut down and stumps grinded with no paper trail or anything for me to sign,i do have pictures and video of job being done.......we then got permission from lco to rip out bushes around the house to redo landscaping as the weather got nice,so we did....i have been sent a letter from lco in january saying our resolution agreement will be here in 30 days.....nothing,we were sent one on july17th saying it should arrive in a couple days.....nothing to this date,i am trying patiently to wait for agreement so i can look it over and decide if legal action is necessary,if i had known this would be the course i was headed for i would have never bought this mess.....thanks in advance for any feedback
Old 08-28-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Member

What a mess!

I'm sure DuPont never thought about circumstances like this. You probably will have to take all of your paperwork and pictures to an arborist and attorney. Might as well start now--time is money. Good luck!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Member

when i got the adendum,i made phone calls to the lco,dupont, and the insurance co. for the lco,everything has been turned over to my name,my lco has told me what has been claimed and how much to expect in my agreement,i am just hoping that when and if i ever recieve my resolution agreement it will be correct,like i said all trees and bushes affected have been removed and stumps grinded,we are not replaceing anything and there is no care to be needed on anything,we have however redone our landscaping and replanted plants which seem to not be looking all that great,but i hope it is do to lack of rain and extreme heat,it was after we did all this i saw a arcticle on here not to replant for 3 years,our goal was to update this house and sell it,which we have it for sale by owner,but i am wondering if we can do this with all the issues and possible contaminated ground,the lco says there is nothing to worry about but i haven't seen the truth from them yet!!!!