Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am totally amazed how far we can stretch that 15%. Taking more pics tonight as more stuff turns yellow and dies.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I have an arborist coming tomorrow to take a look at my yard. I think i'm losing my Japanese maple now too. A few bushes (don't know what they are) died in the past week also. They've been struggling all summer.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
I have an arborist coming tomorrow to take a look at my yard. I think i'm losing my Japanese maple now too. A few bushes (don't know what they are) died in the past week also. They've been struggling all summer.
May I ask what type of Jap Maple you have and what it is looking like? Ours is a 'bloodgood' and was fine last year. It came out with several dead branches and curled and distorted leaves.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Member

we were givin permission by lco to rip out dead bushes so we could redo landscaping back in march when the weather turned nice,so we did,we also have 2 different kind of japanese maples that were doing great,we even transplanted them from our old house to this one and now in the last month 1 has about lost everything but has a new growth on it and the other is starting to yellow and curl,we also have a weeping cherry that is looking bad now,our hostas are not looking good either and those are impossible to kill.......still no "claims resolution agreement"
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeNut View Post
May I ask what type of Jap Maple you have and what it is looking like? Ours is a 'bloodgood' and was fine last year. It came out with several dead branches and curled and distorted leaves.
All I know is that it is a large Matsumurae Group green variety. I did not plant it however. It is huge and really needs pruned as it overhangs my deck seating. The tips of large parts of the tree are curled and dried. I understand it could be other problems as many Japanese maples seem to have this problem when I Googled it . I guess the arborist will tell me tomorrow. DuPont counted it as one of my damaged trees on their offer however.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyway View Post
our hostas are not looking good either and those are impossible to kill.......still no "claims resolution agreement"
Our Hostas are 1/4 their normal size and my Vodoo Lily bulbs didn't put up vegetation for the first time ever. I dug one up the other day and I think it's dead.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

this is a comment from a landscape co. from another website..........It has been several months since I last entered a comment on here, but I think it is time for an update. As of early Sept 2012, I have received approx 40 valid compensation offers for my clients. Their trees have been removed, the sites treated with activated charcoal and mycorrhizae, and replacement trees installed. (All are doing fine). The clients have received their checks and are satisfied. Another 20 or so have been offered "maintenance only" for their damaged trees with the promise that if they don't show signs of recovery,Dupont will reassess their claim and replace those trees which fail to recover. As expected, the trees have not recovered and Dupont is not talking. Now, for the last 3 months, I have been receiving offers for clients with larger trees that were killed by Imprelis. Believe it or not... Dupont is using the PHOTOS that I submitted of my clients trees as a means of determining tree heights. (My 9 year old daughter understands why that won't work). I have trees with DOCUMENTED heights hand climbed and measured down to the inch. One tree for example is 39' 7". Dupont says that judging from the photo, that the tree is 14' tall. I have other client's trees that are 90' tall (measured with laser and measured by a retired state forester with over 45 yrs of tree inventory experience) Dupont claims that the trees are 50' tall. (Once again, they are going by my submitted photos only). I discussed this with a Dupont attorney last night and she told me that these people will have to file an objection to their claim. I reminded her that I have about 6 clients who sent in an objection back in March of 2012 and they haven't heard a word from Epiq or Dupont. So basically, if my clients send in their objections in Sept, they will be lucky to get a response by next March 2013 AT THE VERY EARLIEST. This is almost 2 yrs after initial damage. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I am currently working on a story with the Detroit Free Press in an attempt to expose these crooks. Hopefully it will hit the press in Mid Sept.You are not ranting, You are the victim of a company so large and with soo much legal representation and protection that they are virtually untouchable. Trying to communicate with someone other than a $10 an hour telephone drone is impossible. The "helpline" is a complete joke and has proven in the last 15 months to be nothing short of a complete waste of time.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Thank you

Thank you, Anyway for the detailed information. Wish our LCP was as helpful as you with information!! Keep pushing for the article with Detroit Free Press.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

More Damaged Trees Discovered On Chemung Hills Golf Course

According to reports from September 8, 2012 Oceola Township officials have not settled yet with DuPont concerning the damage at their Chemung Hills golf course. Oceola Township Supervisor Bill Bamber reported that more trees are showing signs of damage. Link: http://whmi.com/news/article/15190
Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
He says the groundskeeper at the course has sent photos to DuPont, which acknowledged receiving them and said it could be Imprelis damage but they wanted more detailed, close-up photos, which will be provided.
I'm pretty sure new growth isn't supposed to be black and curl.
Attached Images