Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Member

TreeNut I am very interested in hearing what the Ohio Attorney Genearl's office had to say as that might be an avenue I and several others can pursue in Michigan. Can you pm me with details?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Attorney General

I talked to an Ohio attorney general investigator. She said they get involved with situations where individuals are having trouble dealing with a company or group--Ohio has had a few calls, but she didn't elaborate on that. She said in our case, the attorneys we're with may do the job, or, people may be satisfied with their resolution. I'm not real versed in the function of the AG office, but it sounds like it might be worth a try to at least call and talk to them.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

I'll have to call tomorrow when the Michigan AG office is open. The state AG office normally investigates consumer's complaints stemming from issues with businesses including product defects- some class suits have identified this issue with Imprelis. Some complaints can become the subject of civil or criminal cases and can be disclosed in a court proceeding- that would be bad for Dupont! We need better press coverage in order to get Dupont moving faster and fairer then what they've demonstrated thus far.

Last edited by rosewater; 10-09-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Well, at least we know the last article in the DisPatch got THEIR attention--otherwise I wouldn't have received the nasty letter from them...
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Member

rosewater.......i will be interested in calling the ag department also since we live near eachother,the thought of calling them crossed my mined,just tired of deadend phone calls........talked to neighbor down the street from me today,underwoods tore 3 trees out in april and he still has not got his resolution package,and niether have i.........i will work on getting media coverage again on this tomorrow,sick and tired of getting nowhere,with dupont or underwoods nursery!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM
LawnSite Member

anyway,

I am surprised Underwood's took three trees out. Did you identify them as a "hazard" to Dupont and is that why Underwood's removed them? I had two dead trees removed (Davey Tree) after I sent a letter to Dupont advising them of their liability because of the proximity to my house. My neighbor is waiting on Underwoods to come back and clean up all the debris after they removed several trees from their yard,however, my neighbor has signed off on their Dupont claims pkg. According to Dupont, the LCO must remove ALL tree roots, needles etc, I have seen different claim pkgs, and "the trees to be removed" line item on the resolution pkg is interesting. For example, two 38' trees would have a service dollar value of $2000- that includes cutting down the tree, boring the stump and cleaning up all the debris in the immediate area.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya know, it's bad enough that our trees have been killed, and damaged, but it's even worse that we are held hostage with our dead trees and told what to do or not tot do--because there could still be that poison in the soil that could damage other plants. We have the right to do what we want when we want to our property without any risk to our settlement. Anything that's visible now, is visible and documented in photos, soil samples, and/or other documentation. That should be all they get. In fact, we should (and may be) able to sue if any new trees we plant die, get damaged, or don't grow at their normal rate. Or even if we have work done and it costs more than they estimated. We not only lost the trees, we lose opportunity cost---opportunity to plant whatever we want, and opportunity for those trees to grow and thrive. We also lose the opportunity of growing value in those trees that they killed. It un-nerves me that DuPont uses their size and position to"scare" us into doing things exactly how and when they say. I don't believe they have that right. Time is money, and this just continues to get more and more expensive. Can someone start a web site with the title something like, "DuPont Sucks"?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

OH, and who ever said DuPont could set the "statute of limitations'?
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Member

rosewater......i called dupont about pine tree in front yard next to powerlines and they sent davey tree out,they took a picture of me standing next to tree holding a paper with a id# and approximate foot of tree then removed it,and had to sign a paper that they removed it,then got a call from underwoods a week later saying not to let davey do anymore work because underwoods won't get paid,then underwoods came out and cut 4 trees down in backyard and stump grinded,i had to bring dirt in to fill holes and plant grass seed which did not grow,i took pictures and video of all progress being done as underwoods did not take any pictures or have me sign anything for tree removal,underwoods said only 2 trees were imprelis related,40ft and 25ft tree and 10 bushes,i had them remove 3 more that mark said was a fungus and not imprelis related (not sure about that) but again,nothing was documented or signed by me for removal,they removed 3 of my neighbors and left tree roots and piles of dirt in his yard,looks like crap and he has not recieved an agreement either........
Old 10-11-2012, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyway View Post
underwoods came out and cut 4 trees down in backyard and stump grinded, i had to bring dirt in to fill holes and plant grass seed which did not grow,...
Stump grinded? You don't ever want trees or anything planted there again?