Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-11-2012, 01:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyway View Post
rosewater......i called dupont about pine tree in front yard next to powerlines and they sent davey tree out,they took a picture of me standing next to tree holding a paper with a id# and approximate foot of tree then removed it,and had to sign a paper that they removed it,then got a call from underwoods a week later saying not to let davey do anymore work because underwoods won't get paid,then underwoods came out and cut 4 trees down in backyard and stump grinded,i had to bring dirt in to fill holes and plant grass seed which did not grow,i took pictures and video of all progress being done as underwoods did not take any pictures or have me sign anything for tree removal,underwoods said only 2 trees were imprelis related,40ft and 25ft tree and 10 bushes,i had them remove 3 more that mark said was a fungus and not imprelis related (not sure about that) but again,nothing was documented or signed by me for removal,they removed 3 of my neighbors and left tree roots and piles of dirt in his yard,looks like crap and he has not recieved an agreement either........
Are you saying you did not give them permission to come onto your property to remove certain trees/plants? If so, that's serious. And, to disgard evidence and then leave a hole and a mess? Unbelieveable.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

starbuy.....no,no,no......i wanted them to get the trees out for awhile as they kept dropping limbs everywhere and are dead,it was just a shock underwoods showed up on a saturday morning to cut my trees down without any notice what so ever,and then to not even have me sign anything to confirm the job was done,i do not plan on having any trees replaced.....just want compensation for damages done so we can move on with our lives,i did send a complaint to the michigan attorney general yesterday concerning this whole situation,waiting for reply,talked to underwoods also,no help there,and called hotline again,still under review no time frame when i will get cra!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Member

so........after sending several more emails to dupont,michelle from there escalations dept called today and advised me that my claim has a hold put on it because davey tree never submitted the information for a tree they cut down back in march,why didn't dupont ever try to call to get info?and after repeated calls and emails did it take this long for them to tell me this?all this time waisted wondering why i have not recieved my claims agreement,now i have calls into davey tree,another waiting game and an extention for when i get the agreement.........just frustrating
Old 10-17-2012, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Member

They are disorganized--there is no incentive to be organized, and there is no incentive to care. Period.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

got intouch with davey tree,she said the guy in charge just dropped off a box with hazard trees paperwork,she will look through it and find mine and send it to dupont,she has since called me back to inform me that she found everything and sent it to dupont today,now i have calls into dupont to confirm that happened,now as for dupont........my question now is why for a year dupont said my claim is under review,then i get a call 2 weeks ago saying it was moved from review to being sent to atty for final draft,then today they tell me it has a hold on it,all awhile the "hotline" says under review......
Old 10-17-2012, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Member

FYI - just to give people an update.

I have 6 pines 20-25' tall affected. I received my resolution packet at the beginning of June which basically said replace 5 and do maintenance on 1. I sent back a counter one week later saying I'm Ok with everything except all 6 are dying so I'd like to replace all at once rather than replacing 5 and then waiting a year and replacing the 6th. It's been 4 months and just received a call from DuPont that there lawyers reviewed my counter and they want to send out one of their people to do a new review. Before they scheduled they did ask if I had retained an outside attorney-which I have not (yet).
Old 10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Member

It's still not too late to file with an attorney......
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Member

anyway, I am sending you a pm. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As we get closer to 2 years since Imprelis was applied on or near our properties it's important to find out in your area what the statute of limitations is in case those currently in the direct process but haven't yet given up their rights, and those who found out late they had damage, decide they need to proceed through litigation. I think for most of us Imprelis was applied sometime from April - June 2011. It's already been about a year and a half for some. Time flies doesn't it?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
According to the complaints, DuPont introduced Imprelis herbicide in October 2010 and marketed the product as a safe and effective way to treat the roots and shoots of the most common and hard to kill broadleaf weeds present in turf grass without any negative impact on surrounding plants
2 years. Sad, isn't it.