Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Shame for those 1500 families.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
Shame for those 1500 families.
Agree. Our economy is in the pits, more losing jobs, investors losing $ and property owners with destroyed landscapes and therefore property values going down even more due to the damage. Sad all the way around. I'm thankful we still have law in this nation and the ability to vote.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Vote? Glad we have the choice.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Member

New Imprelis victim

I live in the Brighton, MI area and only recently realized my trees were suffering a slow death due to Imprelis. I assumed they were just dying naturally. I must have ignored the original letter from my lawn care provider thinking it was junk mail. I contacted the Dupont 800 number and opened up a claim on August 14, 2012. I followed up with an email and got Davey and Stericycle to come out on September 6 to evaluate my landscape. They listed 20 different trees or other items on my property and considered most with either a "1" or "2" rating. I have 2 large white pines and 1 Scots pine listed as a "3". I am trying to patiently wait on Dupont's offer, fully expecting to be quite disappointed.

I did see an offer made to a friend where they offered to replace 4 large Norway spruces that were rated "4" and "5". His three other trees were rated "1" or "2" which Dupont slated for maintenance instead of replacement.

Does somebody know whether trees rated at a "3" are being offered replacement or maintenance? If it is maintenance, I'm probably wasting my time waiting... may as well get an attorney now since three are dying and I'm worried about a dogwood which is showing serious drooping of entire branches and cupping and distortion of leaves. Also have a large expensive Japanese maple that I will most likely not be compensated for since obth were rated "1" by the Davey rep who is getting compensation from Dupont. Sounds like a conflict of interest...
Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Michiman! Until you get an independent assessment of the actual damages on your property you may not fully realize the full scope of what you need in compensation. For example, an independent report on my property showed double the damage than what DuPont's folks showed. Two arborists told me they've never seen a tree fully recover from even being rated a 1 or 2 by DuPont's hired team. The question is, even if the dead part can be pruned away, will it ever grow the same again? Is it stunted? Instead of it growing at a normal rate, will it grow by 25%? We are left with some grim possibilities that are being studied and documented.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
Two arborists told me they've never seen a tree fully recover from even being rated a 1 or 2 by DuPont's hired team. .
Hi Michiman,

I hired an aborist off the Dupont list to look at my trees before Dupont and Davey came out so I'd be more informed and was told the same thing, that they haven't seen a tree with Imprelis damage recover and they listed all my trees with curling or damage for replacement. They were on target, my trees that were marked 1's are toasted.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Sent my rejection letter 56 days ago with a 60 day settlement requirement. Just got off the phone with the hotline and I am in line for Davey to re-evaluate my site. Funny because Davey never assessed my place to begin with, my LCO did...which they made a killing on.

Needless to say settlement money will not be in my hands in 4 days therefore they have forced me to file a lawsuit. They lawyer I attain will have the choice to get my money from Dupont or my LCO. I don't care anymore just like they don't care about us!

Anybody in Livingston County Michigan that has a lawyer or wants to join me please let me know, I will be actively searching.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Obviously, Imprelis has impacted many lives. I never dreamed when I started this thread it would become one of the most viewed threads, now approaching 70,000 on Lawnsite.com. I'm glad this website exists so that property owners, scientists, lawncare providers and others can comment, inquire and share information. I've learned a lot and still learning not only about the damage of Imprelis, but also about this process many of us are going through.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Member

thank you starbuy..........i have learned more by reading these threads than trying to deal with the companies that created this mess,dupont promised i would have my cra in 2 weeks,they have about 1 week left then i will be getting an atty,not the way i wanted to go but tired of waiting and tired of getting promised things that haven't came true yet!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
Obviously, Imprelis has impacted many lives. I never dreamed when I started this thread it would become one of the most viewed threads, now approaching 70,000 on Lawnsite.com. I'm glad this website exists so that property owners, scientists, lawncare providers and others can comment, inquire and share information. I've learned a lot and still learning not only about the damage of Imprelis, but also about this process many of us are going through.
Amen! Thank you Star and thank you Lawnsite for allowing us to share information. It's a horrible experience but so much easier knowing we aren't alone and able to share details. This site has incredible information that we couldn't get any place else.

I feel bad for the ones that didn't know what killed their trees or the ones that thought a "quick" settlement was going to happen.