Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Another interesting discussion going on from growers concerned about Imprelis in free city mulch and also a mention of a golf course that was offered $1 million from Dupont if they don't go to court (part of the direct resolution process), but nothing on whether the golf course felt that was sufficient for the devastation they suffered from Imprelis. http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=22211
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuy View Post
The Imprelis app on my neighbor's lawn took place last May and we noticed damage to my property in about a month or so after. I had my first official site visit by Stericyle and Davey Tree (hired by Dupont) in September then a second site visit in late October showing continued death. Been receiving the continued "it's in review" since December.

Also, just heard from a journalist that I contacted that the Oceola Township officials that received the lowball offer from Dupont for their golf course trees have not yet decided whether they'll accept it or reject it and reply with their demands.
Thats the 9 trees for $92,000? How big are the trees? I read they were meeting but not about the settlement.

Quote:
Another interesting discussion going on from growers concerned about Imprelis in free city mulch and also a mention of a golf course that was offered $1 million from Dupont if they don't go to court (part of the direct resolution process), but nothing on whether the golf course felt that was sufficient for the devastation they suffered from Imprelis. http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=22211
So the $92,000 has jumped to $1, by next week, they'll be reporting $2 million. Unless its another golf course in Michigan, I don't think they have their information right.

I think I'm gonna skip my garden this year, first time. I just don't feel comfortable planting. Hoping my peach tree and blackberries make it.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The golf course mentioned in that other forum is not the same course that was offered $92,000 by Dupont for their 9 damaged trees. There are a lot of courses affected including Augusta National where the Masters is played in Georgia. They even hired Hollywood set designers to hide the damaged trees for the big TV event. That's going to cost Dupont for sure.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh wow, I wouldn't think a million would touch it, will look for it.

Wondering in the meantime, have you checked in with your state EPA for updates?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
Wondering in the meantime, have you checked in with your state EPA for updates?
I'm afraid of the next step to hurt my property value and that would be an EPA "branding" on my property kind of like some counties that brand meth houses which in turn tank the value and surrounding homes. EPA also bares some of the responsibility for allowing Imprelis on the market. They are not looking out for me. EPA's investigation on the longterm affects on soil are ongoing and I smell trouble. Dupont is going to have to pay big time in compensation for this disaster and any future problems I may face from EPA and how my property has to be dealt with and subsequent sale. What next, a form homesellers might have to present to a buyer stating possible longterm landscape affects due to Imprelis? Some counties in Ohio already do that kind of stuff with other things. We'll see what kind of offer comes from Dupont, but if it doesn't include my right to be compensated for ALL and ANY future financial obligations regarding Imprelis damage to my property that may be imposed upon me by local, county, state government mandates or EPA then I'll be lawyered up. Already have 2 law firms ready and waiting for my go ahead and hire. Still hoping it doesn't come to that. Collecting any and all EPA and university studies to be ready for whatever.

Last edited by Starbuy; 05-10-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
EPA also bares some of the responsibility for allowing Imprelis on the market. They are not looking out for me. EPA's investigation on the longterm affects on soil are ongoing and I smell trouble. Dupont is going to have to pay big time in compensation for this disaster and any future problems I may face from EPA and how my property has to be dealt with and subsequent sale. What next, a form homesellers might have to present to a buyer stating possible longterm landscape affects due to Imprelis? Some counties in Ohio already do that kind of stuff with other things. We'll see what kind of offer comes from Dupont, but if it doesn't include my right to be compensated for ALL and ANY future financial obligations regarding Imprelis damage to my property that may be imposed upon me by local, county, state government mandates or EPA then I'll be lawyered up. Already have 2 law firms ready and waiting for my go ahead and hire. Still hoping it doesn't come to that. Collecting any and all EPA and university studies to be ready for whatever.

EPA also bares some of the responsibility for allowing Imprelis on the market. Exactly and if the EPA in turn sue Dupont, I'm sure the information will be available anyway.

I called again this am to Dupont. My blackberries are blooming and dropping the berries before they form. No fungus, no parasite, no blight but a few leaves that are odd looking. They are planted by the back row of trees that are deformed.

Won't be planting a garden no matter how much I'm reassured. Safe for food? It was supposed to be safe for trees. So much for canning and fresh veggies.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

As of May 12, 2012 this thread has well over 5000 reads even though just a handful of participants. That's okay. I'm glad there are lots of eyes reading this thread.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Took some new pics last night, this little guy seems happy. In between the 2 yards.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to do something?
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The original container instructions if you'd like to print before they disappear.

http://www.tennesseeturfgrassweeds.o...20(H65717).pdf

I was looking to see if wild blackberries were on the list.