Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
Dupont wouldn't look at my additional damage when they sent their team, that the arborist I hired from their list, identified, since it wasn't on the original report. Doesn't matter since almost everything I have is dead. The private arborist said he hadn't seen anything survive any Imprelis damage and he was correct.

I agree I can't sign my rights away. If I had accepted their first offer, everything else that is dead that was I guess in that 15%, would have been mine. No guarantee without soil replacement, that anything will grow. In the meantime, I continue to look at a yard with dead trees, bushes, ornamentals and pine needles everywhere.

The full link:
http://www.kshb.com/dpp/money/consum...ees-and-shrubs

I have to admit after originally feeling Dupont wanted to make fair offers and get this behnd them, it now appears that their claims process is not going to provide a fair or quick resolution. They answered my first email and sent out their Davey/Stericycle team in fairly short order but that's where it ended.

I'm tired of complete silence... zero response to email and totally useless telephone reps paid minimum wage to drag along homeowners for months at a time while their cases do not move along. I guess Dupont is hoping for some type of miracle to cure the damaged trees so the payouts can be limited.

The only thing the silence is doing is angering homeowners... I know I've about hit the limit of my patience. I have every intention of taking advantage of a session with one of the attorneys familiar with this case within the week. I'm actually more ticked off about the total lack of respect for a damaged homeowner than the actual damage to my property.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Member

so..........the 2-3 week turn around for a check has now been 5 weeks,called mike brenan and he said it was sent out last friday or saturday,now it is thursday,could it take this long to get here?? or are they using stall tactic again,i hope dupont folds after all this crap!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyway View Post
so..........the 2-3 week turn around for a check has now been 5 weeks,called mike brenan and he said it was sent out last friday or saturday,now it is thursday,could it take this long to get here?? or are they using stall tactic again,i hope dupont folds after all this crap!!!!!!!
Your check is in the mail... where have I heard that before?

Hope you're truly satisfied with the resolution payment and the end result on your property when all is said and done. I have actually been told 6 weeks by someone who has been through the process. Thanks again for your help to me along the way.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! I am so thankful for the owners of this board and for all the people that found it and shared what they are going through.

I have two "1"s in the front yard, a 40 ft. "4" . Drive past them every morning, a sad reminder that Dupont still hasn't done the right thing.

Notice my lush grass.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Merry Christmas

Send that to DuPont!
Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey that looks just like my 35' Colorado Spruce. Of course, the Dupont team gave me a #1 rating in August 2012 and said it needed tree maintenance! Yea sure, it's going to grow branches in the middle next summer. Yes, they are still holding lots of homeowners hostage with their silly CRA process, denials, delays and damn arrogance.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeNut View Post
Send that to DuPont!
Do you think they care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
Hey that looks just like my 35' Colorado Spruce. Of course, the Dupont team gave me a #1 rating in August 2012 and said it needed tree maintenance! Yea sure, it's going to grow branches in the middle next summer. Yes, they are still holding lots of homeowners hostage with their silly CRA process, denials, delays and damn arrogance.
Shame, isn't it. More proof that it isn't over. My Japanese Maples look like a torch toasted them.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
I decided this afternoon since Dupont cracked the door by dragging their feet and not feeling the need to respond to my emails, I might as well take the time to get some legal advice. I'm awaiting a callback on Monday from Nathan.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like we're all in the same boat. I've not only had NO improvement to the trees originally rated a low number, but they are much worse. I have not personally heard of any tree, plant or bush that actually recovered from being rated a 1. Once this toxin hits a plant, look out. And, just think of the plants not yet evaluated because there wasn't any visible signs to our human eyes of what damage may be happening to the plants' growth hormones at the microscopic level. I'm very concerned for the rest of my landscape. Another independent arborist already told me he noticed the toxin is now at the foot of the root reach of my biggest maples since boxwoods right there have signs of the toxin effect. If I lose those big trees my whole back yard and my koi pond will have to be dug up. Will they even grow normal in the future? There's so much unknown. What a disaster.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It is so sad to come home and not have our big tree lit up with Christmas lights. It was the largest, most beautiful lighted tree in our neighborhood.