Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-18-2012, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, i feel sorry for anyone dealing with this. Cindyb, how long has it been since you used imprellis ? What was your target and at what rate did you use ? I'm just curious.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure what % our lawn guy used, the records are being requested. We had some weeds that had migrated from the other yards, our first year having the yard sprayed. We started seeing our damage in May 2011. Couldn't figure out why are pines were deformed and I typed in "twisted, deformed pines" and the rest you know.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
Hey that looks just like my 35' Colorado Spruce. Of course, the Dupont team gave me a #1 rating in August 2012 and said it needed tree maintenance! Yea sure, it's going to grow branches in the middle next summer. Yes, they are still holding lots of homeowners hostage with their silly CRA process, denials, delays and damn arrogance.
Two calls and seven days of waiting on Nathan at W&S and not a word yet. I expect to be ignored and shown disregard by Dupont by now. Didn't expect the same lack of concern and respect when looking for legal help.

My frustration with this mess is growing by the day!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Michiman

I sent you a message.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiman View Post
Two calls and seven days of waiting on Nathan at W&S and not a word yet. I expect to be ignored and shown disregard by Dupont by now. Didn't expect the same lack of concern and respect when looking for legal help.

My frustration with this mess is growing by the day!
You have a pm with his email and message. He has always been quick to respond.

Last edited by cindyb; 12-28-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Let's hope the new year will find a satisfactory result for all of us affected by Imprelis. I still find it incredibly hard to believe a big company like Dupont would admit responsibility on a problem of such grand scale and then sit on their hands, not finding a way to keep homeowners informed, happy and more importantly out of court. The question of responsibility is not in question here...

Everyone have a safe, healthy and happy New Year.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Happy New Year to you also. Have to wonder what the trees/bushes/other are going to look like after the ice and snow.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lack of my once thick and beautiful privacy hedge also means more snow drifts across my driveway. What a pain. Second winter of having to deal with more drifting caused by lack of my evergreen wind hedge. This has also cost me more money and time.

Hope this next year brings us all a real resolution. Happy New Year.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Update

Last week one of my customers received a revised offer that we had requested, no revisit by Davey, two others received a revisit for reevaluation. Customer signed and returned the revised offer. I will keep everyone updated on how long it takes to receive payment.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRHAMMONS View Post
Last week one of my customers received a revised offer that we had requested, no revisit by Davey, two others received a revisit for reevaluation. Customer signed and returned the revised offer. I will keep everyone updated on how long it takes to receive payment.
Was DuPont willing to change the rating on any tree that had gotten worse that they had previously rated? Did they offer any additional compensation for loss of property value or for full soil remediation wherever Imprelis was applied (since it's been widely reported by scientists that it can migrate and hinder growth of newly planted trees and shrubs)? Thanks for your updates!