Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you Treenut for your reply!

I'm going to try sending a third request just for the hell of it---I saw that someone here on the forum got an agreement for this option after 2 denials--maybe 3 is the lucky charm???

This has been so frustrating!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

If you can be patient, take them for all you can get!! DuPont has been awful!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michmom View Post
Thank you Treenut for your reply!

I'm going to try sending a third request just for the hell of it---I saw that someone here on the forum got an agreement for this option after 2 denials--maybe 3 is the lucky charm???

This has been so frustrating!
We had our initial inspection and after a frustratingly long delay, finally got a response in Sept 2012. We knew it would not be good since we had much more severe damage since the initial evaluation. We had worked with a Dupont person other than the hotline, and got good advice from her. Based on this, we sent in a formal rejection within about 10 days, and detailed the reasons why we rejected this. The reasons were basically that things got much worse and heights were not measured properly. We sent in pictures, but were advised by the Dupont person that they would have to send out someone to look at the trees. 2 months later on mid Nov 2012 they sent out a Davey tree guy. We worked an entire day with the guy and got all of our 100 trees re-evaluated. A month later we got a new resolution agreement with a much better resolution. We were OK with this agreement, but it still included someone of their choosing to remove the trees and Dupont would hire them. We did not like this idea so we rejected the resolution agreement for the second time and basically said we were in agreement but wanted to control who removed the trees and we wanted us to be paid this and hire our own company. Finally in mid March we got the third resolution agreement that agreed to this. We got paid for all the trees, and all the removal.

If you want Dupont names and more details send me a private message. I have extensive records of all the correspondence.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailter View Post
If you want Dupont names and more details send me a private message. I have extensive records of all the correspondence.
Thank you! I'll message you...
Old 08-02-2013, 04:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Finally got my 2nd resolution and i'm happy with it, problem is 2 of the 10 trees due for removal i want to keep as they block the side road and seem to be coming back. can you refuse to have the removal company remove them?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I would certainly think so! However, I would have an arborist look at the trees, to be sure its 'form' will be adequate.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:17 AM
LawnSite Member

so like i said i WAS happy with my resolution until i realized my 5 honey locust designated for care and were rated 4's are getting comped at the 9-10" circumference instead of the 30" that they are and what was written on the revisit form by the arborist... it's a difference of about $2800. do i deny it again or just get my money then try to get it...hmmmmm, so sick of waiting.

Last edited by ramtrolll; 08-03-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Member

So you are still involved with the individual resolution agreement--that must mean that you won't be just getting a check with which you do as you please...? Is DuPont paying a company directly for the work, and not you? If so, the lawsuit route would have been a better way for you....I think...
Old 08-03-2013, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeNut View Post
So you are still involved with the individual resolution agreement--that must mean that you won't be just getting a check with which you do as you please...? Is DuPont paying a company directly for the work, and not you? If so, the lawsuit route would have been a better way for you....I think...
Yes individual resolution.. I will be getting about $38000 and they pay Dave tree 5800 for tree removal, but according to the resolution dupont "recommends" I remove trees designated for removal. I plan on keeping some of them.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Is Davey tree satisfied with the amount they will get?