Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-15-2015, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

new 2013 exmark vantage x series

i just picked up my new to me 2013 exmark vantage x series 52 inch deck with 144 hours on it. got to use it all day yesterday and loved it only 2 things i dont like. 1. the controls are pretty stiff but i think thats cause its still pretty new. 2. there arent any anti scalping wheels, id love to put some on there. other than that i love it its powerful didnt bog down in the overgrown grass i was cutting... heres some pics of the mower and the strips it put down
Attached Images

7x16 landscape trailer
echo trimmers and blowers
NLMCT.COM
Old 08-20-2015, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks great. I am really interested in a Vantage. It is odd that they do not come with anti scalping wheels. They put them on the turf Tracers and all the riders. I would think there is a method to that maybe they do not need them. Do you still have it? Have those ECS controls broke in yet? I am thinking a 36" and a 52" would be a perfect set up for me. Or just get a Turf Tracer 36 and save some money.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Demoed a 52" a number of years ago. Didn't seem to need scalp wheels. If your experience differs Exmark does sell kits for the Vantage. Am curious about the ECS on the Vantage. I demoed a "mule" and did not like them. Stiff and a long race for my small hands when operating at higher speed. A lot of guys seem to love them.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustbig View Post
Looks great. I am really interested in a Vantage. It is odd that they do not come with anti scalping wheels. They put them on the turf Tracers and all the riders. I would think there is a method to that maybe they do not need them. Do you still have it? Have those ECS controls broke in yet? I am thinking a 36" and a 52" would be a perfect set up for me. Or just get a Turf Tracer 36 and save some money.
This coming winter I think I'm gonna sell the vantage and buy a vride... I don't like the ecs controls ... I demoed the vantage and vride about 2 years ago and I likes he vride more but had the opportunity to buy the vantage.. So if anyone wants one I'm willing to sell it.. It currently has 200 hours on it now make a offer comes with the bagged
Posted via Mobile Device