Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2012, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

let me know what you think

seacoastdesignslandscape.com

The sites been up for about a year and about to make some updates etc. Any suggestions would be great thanks
Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacoastlandscape View Post
seacoastdesignslandscape.com

The sites been up for about a year and about to make some updates etc. Any suggestions would be great thanks
I'm going to chew on this one a bit and get back to you. I get the domain name and related color scheme for that name, but it seems incongruous, as it relates to your actual business, to me. I definitely don't think that every landscape-related site needs to be primarily green, but there's a clash I see that made me stop and think of what site I was visiting. Not necessarily a bad thing, just my initial reaction.

Let me ask this... Since you've been up for a year, what updates are you planning and why?

Tony
Old 03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Member

updates will be some seo stuff as well as new pictures from the last season.
Debating on a small change in the logo as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

I had the same initial reaction as TonyGreek - I was not confident I was on the right page, even after seeing "Landscape" below the logo I still thought design company (as in general home improvement or website design). I think when you update the logo, getting the word "Landscape" in the same high quality resolution you have the "Sea Coast Designs" in will go a long way, particularly if you provide the same white shadow.
When this page loads at a standard size, the only thing a customer has to tell them what your company does is the word "landscape" under your logo, and then they can stick around to watch the pictures scroll through to infer what services that includes - your first picture is a beautiful lawn, but if a customer doesn't stick around to see the rest of the pictures or scroll down to the bottom of the page they may never know what other services you offer. Potentially consider captioning your photos (same text/shadow as your logo right on the picture).
Old 03-11-2012, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Member

For some reason your pages navigation is blank and I have to hover over the tabs to see what page it is.