Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm interested as well Kristin. Price etc please.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Its a nice piece, but at 500 it would be more than I paid for the wb I would put it on. Like putting nice rims on a Geo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2012, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Its a nice piece, but at 500 it would be more than I paid for the wb I would put it on. Like putting nice rims on a Geo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, a little pricey, but it looks nice, and the tires look bigger then any ive seen, and I'm 6"2 around 218lbs, so it may help with rutting, and a smoother ride.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Sponsor

LOL true! Let us know when you move up to a full size sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Sponsor

I think this is a case of "you get what you pay for". The initial cost may be a little higher than the competition. I think you will see very quickly how that extra money spent up front quickly pays for itself 10 fold when you are no longer spending your money both in man hours and costly repairs.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the pto parts its made from are tough ,it should last a long time in this application .How heavy is it?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

it looks well built and its not that much more then others
Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecurbthims View Post
the pto parts its made from are tough ,it should last a long time in this application .How heavy is it?
Imma jump in here cause I got too dang many years of experience dealing with the notorious gansters (YES I said Gansters) that create and manufacture sulkys. I call them gangsters because they are shifty and just like when you go the Kage site....you get very little information and you have to confront someone to get a price or even how heavy the damn thing is.

I personally hate (and I fling that word about lightly) jungle wheels (A.K.A. Junkgle Wheels). I really dont know what kinda metal on metal, friction purgatory they are living in over there at Junkgle Jim's but they built the most maintenance needy, part devouring P.O.S. my mower has ever had the chore of dragging around. I was forced to use them for almost 7 years with my company's previous owner and hated it the entire time. Everyday greasing, flat tires and overall sloppy except when they are new. After that, they make Jungle Jim rich for parts sales. Maybe I am prejudice but Jungle Wheels = #Fail

On to Proslide XT, Every Friday when I would be sitting there waiting on the boss to cut my check, I would peruse the latest Lawn and Landscape mag and I would always see the Proslide ad. They looked cool and I thought they probably were. When I bought the company in 2008, I bought a used Proslide for 250 bucks. Drove to San Antonio to get it. I was stoked and it worked well generally everyday I had it. I recommend one to anyone that needs a sulky unless you own a gear drive John Deere walk behind.

Thats where I lost my cool with Novae Corp. (Proslide makers) and John Deere. Novae Corp makes the statement that their product is the only sulky that will not void your John Deere warranty. Ummmmmm after a gearbox goes ka-blooey on my John Deere walk behind.....all the sudden John Deere has an issue with my sulky and doesnt want to honor the warranty....I direct them to Novae Corp. which in turn acted like a buncha asses and blew the whole situation off. I LOVE PROSLIDE XT.....I only wish their people had enough BALLS to step up for me and say NO it wasnt our product. #FAIL

On to the Kage dooma hickey....ummm what was it....uhhh oooh yea...another SULKY!

So how heavy is it and will it make a warranty quake in its boots?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Sponsor

You are right the weight is not on our website. We will make that change soon. The weight is 55lbs.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Let's see here... On the issue of pricing...

We got a whole lot of people asking...
We got 2 people that say it's not that much more or "it's a little pricey"...
And a manufacturer that isn't answering the question...

Tags
kage , mower , mowing , sulky , walk behind