Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-22-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I've got to say those look pretty tough. I might have to pick one of those up for my 48" Lesco.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
i'm trying to order one now from justin in mass.i'll let you know how it is.its going on a ferris dd.the bearings,tire size and suspension sold me.
Give us a review, Im thinking of geting one
Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I cant believe you all think 500 is to much. For something that is going to HELP (maybe not completely fix) the shock that all of us take on these other sulkys, I don't think an extra couple hundred bucks is to bad.

Im only 30 and Ive been in business for several years. I loved the exmark tt60's and thats what our primary mowers were but when you rode behind one all day 4-5 days per week, it really put a hurting on my back, knees and ankles which is why we decided to got to sit down ztr's. If this helped on this issue even a little bit its worth 500 all day long for me. Ive done made up my mind I will be getting one of these next to try out but not until my jungle wheels get worn out on the 48 viking we have. The jungle wheels last us about 2 years and then its time for new one.

By the way, with some practice its super easy to back any trailering 2 wheel suly. I (along with my 2 employees) can back up very easily with our jungle wheels. Just like backing a trailer behind a truck but in the event you jack knife the jungle wheels, you have a broken ankle!!! LOL Never happened to us before but weve pretty much decided that it could very easily break a mans ankle if not careful. Looks like the STOPS they have put on this one will prevent that.

It looks pretty nice, I cant wait to here some reviews!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2012, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinStephan View Post
Here is a link to our website for you to learn all about the Kage Wheel Kaddy. You will see very quickly how adding a Kaddy to your fleet will pay for itself in no time. We will have a video up soon! I will post again when it is live.

http://kageinnovation.com/newpages/kaddy_system.php

Kristin

Do you use tubeless tires or tires with tubes? Also is there grease in the tire bearings?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a question...on the "Kage Wheel Kaddy" video it claimed walk behinds with hydro and a sulky are more productive/efficient than zero turns. Does anyone believe that to be true?
Old 05-25-2012, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen's Lawn Care View Post
I have a question...on the "Kage Wheel Kaddy" video it claimed walk behinds with hydro and a sulky are more productive/efficient than zero turns. Does anyone believe that to be true?
There are way too many variables to make blanket assessments. I have a w/b, sometimes using a sulky, sometimes not. I also have a ZTR. In some circumstances, the ZTR seems like a tank, just not productive for the task over the w/b. In other cases, the ZTR is way more productive than the w/b, even with a sulky. I often don't use the sulky on the w/b because it makes the w/b too cumbersome.

Maybe other LCOs have properties that are nearly identical. In my case, none are alike, and what works for one does not work for another.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler's Mow-Town View Post
Imma jump in here cause I got too dang many years of experience dealing with the notorious gansters (YES I said Gansters) that create and manufacture sulkys. I call them gangsters because they are shifty and just like when you go the Kage site....you get very little information and you have to confront someone to get a price or even how heavy the damn thing is.

I personally hate (and I fling that word about lightly) jungle wheels (A.K.A. Junkgle Wheels). I really dont know what kinda metal on metal, friction purgatory they are living in over there at Junkgle Jim's but they built the most maintenance needy, part devouring P.O.S. my mower has ever had the chore of dragging around. I was forced to use them for almost 7 years with my company's previous owner and hated it the entire time. Everyday greasing, flat tires and overall sloppy except when they are new. After that, they make Jungle Jim rich for parts sales. Maybe I am prejudice but Jungle Wheels = #Fail

On to Proslide XT, Every Friday when I would be sitting there waiting on the boss to cut my check, I would peruse the latest Lawn and Landscape mag and I would always see the Proslide ad. They looked cool and I thought they probably were. When I bought the company in 2008, I bought a used Proslide for 250 bucks. Drove to San Antonio to get it. I was stoked and it worked well generally everyday I had it. I recommend one to anyone that needs a sulky unless you own a gear drive John Deere walk behind.

Thats where I lost my cool with Novae Corp. (Proslide makers) and John Deere. Novae Corp makes the statement that their product is the only sulky that will not void your John Deere warranty. Ummmmmm after a gearbox goes ka-blooey on my John Deere walk behind.....all the sudden John Deere has an issue with my sulky and doesnt want to honor the warranty....I direct them to Novae Corp. which in turn acted like a buncha asses and blew the whole situation off. I LOVE PROSLIDE XT.....I only wish their people had enough BALLS to step up for me and say NO it wasnt our product. #FAIL

On to the Kage dooma hickey....ummm what was it....uhhh oooh yea...another SULKY!

So how heavy is it and will it make a warranty quake in its boots?
I'm with you on the Junk Wheels. In the past year or so, something happened to their quality, and it wasn't for the better. Tires, bearings, bushings, tubes etc; every part of these things are crap now. We've had a couple that haven't made it 2 days before the bearings are gone. Tires blowing out the sidewalls in less than a week.

I have to carry a spare one with me so when it breaks, I don't have to walk the rest of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Let's see here... On the issue of pricing...

We got a whole lot of people asking...
We got 2 people that say it's not that much more or "it's a little pricey"...
And a manufacturer that isn't answering the question...
So, $500 for one or $6-700 for one plus a spare. Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansen's Lawn Care View Post
All depends. Wide open areas, no way in the world. Areas with obstacles or hills, absolutely.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Member

still no wheel kaddy--------
Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
still no wheel kaddy--------
Are you saying you bought one and it didn't arrive yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Are you saying you bought one and it didn't arrive yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
YES -----

Tags
kage , mower , mowing , sulky , walk behind