Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Try putting some "time" in. When we were slower and wanted more work in the neighborhood. We would work slower at the account or chat with the costumer(up sell). Arrive at different times and days. Brake up the extras into smaller jobs. Use the nearest gas station. Drive around the area before and/or after servicing the account. Be creative. I find this method works well. It also goes hand in hand with good service. Often the good costumers are loyal to their lawn turd. But, The will come you way in due "time"
Old 03-09-2012, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
A little update. I'm not allowed to leave hangers or anything by the door in this hood. Only thing I can do is direct mail(which is worthless) or become a vendor on the prop manag company webpage(which is free). Im going to do that and hope my name gets around.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why would direct mail be 'worthless'? Have you done direct mail in the past with little to no results? If yes, there could be a number of factors on why it didn't work (mailing list, design, contact info, offer, etc.).

If you'd like to explore this idea again, I suggest you take a look at some other successful direct mail campaigns. May spark some ideas!

Here's a link to a report which has 7 real-life landscaping campaigns: http://goo.gl/39Inv

Sylvia Heneghan
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Just like someone already said... Offer discounts for referrals. Wave to the neighbors when you drive by and make small talk with them if possible.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostcardMania View Post
Why would direct mail be 'worthless'? Have you done direct mail in the past with little to no results? If yes, there could be a number of factors on why it didn't work (mailing list, design, contact info, offer, etc.).

If you'd like to explore this idea again, I suggest you take a look at some other successful direct mail campaigns. May spark some ideas!

Here's a link to a report which has 7 real-life landscaping campaigns: http://goo.gl/39Inv
It is worthless. I did 3 in a row spaced out 2 months to the same neighborhoods. Postcard design was great and the incentives were good. I spent thousands and got nothing in return plus a lot of wasted time. That is what I call worthless.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2012, 07:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
See I thought about doing a brochure myself. would you mind pm me a few pics of your brochure?
Posted via Mobile Device
Diamond, I PM'd you a question; I have my 2nd qtr brochure, do you want it?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostcardMania View Post

Mailing campaigns are a low return marketing effort. If you can get 1% on a mailer, you are doing good. It also requires a long term consistent approach to a large database. Lot of us don't have the kind of profit margin to support a long term shotgun marketing program.

That's why a targeted program makes more sense to me, it's cheaper and the returns are higher. Like a mailer campaign, consistency remains the most important element.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Diamond, I PM'd you a question; I have my 2nd qtr brochure, do you want it?
Yes, I would thanks. I don't have what you asked tho
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Yes, I would thanks. I don't have what you asked tho
Posted via Mobile Device
Any MS office product?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
Any MS office product?
Yea I have office just not publisher
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
A little update. I'm not allowed to leave hangers or anything by the door in this hood. Only thing I can do is direct mail(which is worthless) or become a vendor on the prop manag company webpage(which is free). Im going to do that and hope my name gets around.
Posted via Mobile Device
Depending on your time frame and the restrictions in place, I would continue to do a quality job at a fair price. No amount of advertising will sell your self better than a happy customer. If the One account you presently have likes the work you do you will have more customers in time. That way you can gradually build your customer base and rep at the same time.
easy-lift guy