Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywater View Post
Why do you like the side door on the box? What do yall typically use it for? Do you need to access inside without using the back door?
Our maint crew does full service stuff so they're in and out of the truck a lot, sometimes I don't think they'd need to drop the big door and also if you need something at the front of the truck and it's full of mowers you're kind of stuck. Our construction crew will use the front door for filling the truck be it plants, bags of cement or other such things that we can't unload on the site through the back. We have a telehandler at the shop so we can reach all the way in to place heavy pallets in the front but rarely have it on job site so we'll off load through the side door.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

well looks like I got the used one just in time... our guy that goes through all the trucks on saturdays checked the oil in the fuso today and it was low again (was last week too so it's loosing oil somewhere) and using a magnet found metal in the oil so i'm guessing we're due some warranty work. It only makes sense that if there's a lemon I'll be the one to buy it.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So what was the result son the Fuso? And what ramp do you like?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

fuso got it fixed real quick, something was out of alignment on the front of the engine causing it to burn the oil off. all is well now and have no complaints. as for which truck we like better it depends on what we're doing. the crewcab isuzu we bought used from SLT has the spilt ramp and it's used by my main installation crew. It works great, we love the space and regularly haul plant material and all our tools, it's nice not having the dovetail because the flat floor gives more useable space. also the side door is very useful for loading heavy object to the front of the truck on sites where we don't have our tele handler. just today we set 3 B&B arborvitae through the front door. The mitfuso is for my maint crew and the eco body is clearly the way to go for mowing crews that will be making multiple stops its so quick.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think Supreme says the dovetail eats up 4 feet of the box. I have seen many made of expanded steel mounted on the exterior of the box. Thanks for the feed back
Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I was comparing the two different offerings from SLT btw, they have a 2 stage hyd ramp and a single. I now have both.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
I was comparing the two different offerings from SLT btw, they have a 2 stage hyd ramp and a single. I now have both.
Posted via Mobile Device
I suppose that is a costly upgrade.