Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

I wouldnt put a whole lot of stock into what is said here. I was told my Cub Enforcer was junk. I havent had any of the problems I was told I would have. Good luck hope you really enjoy it.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have ran tanks since 03. I am on my 3rd one and love them! They decks cut great and the price cant be beat for the quality. As far as the slowing down part to turn, are you a loon?

Btw, my newest tank is the SZ. Its the one with the steering wheel, I LOVE IT.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
I have ran tanks since 03. I am on my 3rd one and love them! They decks cut great and the price cant be beat for the quality. As far as the slowing down part to turn, are you a loon?

Btw, my newest tank is the SZ. Its the one with the steering wheel, I LOVE IT.
No. Im going to listen to my sales man pretty much no matter what. hes my salesman to tell me what to buy and what not to. I put trust in him to give me the best recommendation he can. I do consider things even after he tells me what not to do but the chances are very slim that i go though with it. Maybe the slowing down to turn isnt a bad thing but i've watched like 5 different videos SO FAR on them and it seems like in EVERY video they try to hide when the mower turns. Seems like they try to get the operators head shot when it turns. Anyone have and pics of yards the mower has been used on??? i wanna know if the patterns can be as good as my other ZTR's (dixie exmark)
I hear they are used alot in the south but i havent seen close to any used in my area.... FYI still havent had time to demo one.

Dont get me wrong the Concept seems SWEET! My arms sure do get tired from pushing back and forth all day.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
No. Im going to listen to my sales man pretty much no matter what. hes my salesman to tell me what to buy and what not to. I put trust in him to give me the best recommendation he can. I do consider things even after he tells me what not to do but the chances are very slim that i go though with it. Maybe the slowing down to turn isnt a bad thing but i've watched like 5 different videos SO FAR on them and it seems like in EVERY video they try to hide when the mower turns. Seems like they try to get the operators head shot when it turns. Anyone have and pics of yards the mower has been used on??? i wanna know if the patterns can be as good as my other ZTR's (dixie exmark)
I hear they are used alot in the south but i havent seen close to any used in my area.... FYI still havent had time to demo one.

Dont get me wrong the Concept seems SWEET! My arms sure do get tired from pushing back and forth all day.
Can't knock yea on that. Now does he say the mower slows down, or you have to slow down to turn? Cause every mower has to slow down to turn. If you just whip it around at 10mph your tear the crap out of the turf on any mower. That goes for my exmark, hustler, and tank. Now I will say that you go through a lot of the gas shocks for the lap bars. About 2 sets a year for me, but if you can stand the bars being a little jerky, you dont need perfect shocks.

As for photos.
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2012, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, here is my new tank for this year. Loving this bad boy so far. Same great deck that I love, just a slope nose instead of flat. Being able to point them front wheels does WONDERS on hills.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2012, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn that looks nice! And yeah to be honest with you he was in so much of a denial that i couldnt even under stand him... but yeah he just said it would be back in here after a season for a "Front end job" Steering, bearings etc.... not sure....
Oh also i dont slow down to turn on my dixie! It used to go 18MPH! lol just kidding...
Old 03-11-2012, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttin-to-the-Max View Post
Damn that looks nice! And yeah to be honest with you he was in so much of a denial that i couldnt even under stand him... but yeah he just said it would be back in here after a season for a "Front end job" Steering, bearings etc.... not sure.

I have had my first tank since 03. No front end problems what so ever. My dealer has sold around 50 of them. No steering, bearing problems on any of them. They are greasable front ends. As long as you grease them as you should, no problem what so ever.

I will say this though. Those tanks came out in 02. And if you did not tighten the front pivoting bolt for the front bar every 100 hours, it could come lose and egg out the hole. They did not include that in the manual until 2005. I didnt catch it till 300 hours. Still no problems since, but I actually inspect and maintain my equipment.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Just finished mowing my yard for second time with my new tank LZ. Love it !!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-02-2012, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Member

How is your Tank SZ holding up.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by passalacqua View Post
How is your Tank SZ holding up.
Awesome. Defiantly takes some time getting used to turning. But love it. I hope the front wheels hold up though, they take a beating turning like they do. But with a 3 year warranty, I think I will be good for a while.