Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Member

custom leaf loader from leaf blower

hi guys im new here I just wanted to share my custom leaf loader made from a push leaf blower
I use it for both for blowing and loading works pretty well. sometimes I use it the way you see it in the picture and sometime I put the blower in my trailer with the hose loading my dump truck but most of the time I use it this way my pickup and trailer

my trailer can hold about 12-14 cubic yards of leaves

video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPH-Kb0x1IU
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

NEW video but only at 1/2 throttle because i think i need a new oil change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuSZqC8lZIg
Old 10-25-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Every season, we see a new edition of a leaf blower turned into a leaf loader.

While the mechanics of making the connections demonstrates great skill, the entire idea is a bad one. The primary, and only important one, is safety. Debris blowers have impellers designed and intended only for blowing air. Leaf loaders have impellers designed and intended for handling debris. Putting debris into an air-intended impeller, turning at 3,600 rpm, is a recipe waiting for disaster.

Using a machine for a purpose never intended is not a good idea, especially when parts are turning at 3,600 rpm and people are nearby. Please rethink your decision to use this machine.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Every season, we see a new edition of a leaf blower turned into a leaf loader.

While the mechanics of making the connections demonstrates great skill, the entire idea is a bad one. The primary, and only important one, is safety. Debris blowers have impellers designed and intended only for blowing air. Leaf loaders have impellers designed and intended for handling debris. Putting debris into an air-intended impeller, turning at 3,600 rpm, is a recipe waiting for disaster.

Using a machine for a purpose never intended is not a good idea, especially when parts are turning at 3,600 rpm and people are nearby. Please rethink your decision to use this machine.
Im Not a expert on this but i have a billy goat leaf loader and this giant vac blower and to be honest the impeller on my leaf blower looks thicker and much stronger with better welds than my leaf loader...also the thickness of the leaf blower cage is actually thicker than my leaf loader...actually back like almost or maybe more than 10 years ago some companies that makes leaf blowers and leaf loaders use to sell kits for leaf blower but they stopped because they though that it was hurting sells on leaf loaders....this is how i got the idea because i saw a kits way back like 10 or more years ago

i will be definitely checking out the machine as i go..i will check the cage impeller weld ect and see how it does but so far so good

i know some leaf loader impellers have some type of teeth to grind leaves to smaller pieces but my billy goat loader has a similar impeller as my blower the only thing is that the impeller on my leaf blower looks much more thicker and stronger than my leaf loader..

what if i buy a leaf loader impeller?
Old 10-27-2013, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My first leaf loader was a little wonder walk behind blower. Little wonder sold a kit to put on the nose of the blower that made it into a leaf loader. We used it for quite awhile exactly as the OP is. Then we bought a dump truck and permanently mounted it to that. It was an 11 horse and we used it for maybe 15 years like that. (leaf loader only)
Old 10-28-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member

i have the same exact giant vac and ive been trying to make it a leaf loader how did you make the intake or did you have it made ???
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

From the looks of that video it might be quicker to bag them up
Shindaiwa t-270, eb-630
Scag giant vac w/ 18 hp vanguard
Redmax 8500