Register free!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Permagreen triumph newb: formulations needed

So 12 hours ago my boss shows up with a triumph yesterday out of the blue and says figure this out and leaves. I've been tank spraying for ten years but know nothing about ride ons. we maintain 80+ commercial accounts and have always used granular for pre and fert and tanks for post I'm lookin for a few tips, what nozzles to use for post apps and mix/ formulation for mainly 3/way q/4 drive Celsius etc I've searched here but found little, I'm a planner, I like to do my research and compare so maybe we needed the z instead I don't know and if you say just read the label then fair enough because I've always paid no mind to low volume mixing thanks any links and quick tip list would be appreciated!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Not trying to be harsh but...

Read the instructions on calibrations first. Next read the sprayer operation part.

Do not take that machine out and use it without reading directions, and don't take machine out based on any replies or help on this forum until you have read instructions.

Your first application on a lawn should be water.

Feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help you out with it once you have checked calibration, set nozzle angles and did a "dry run" with water (pun intended). I'll even give you my phone number so you can call me.

It's a great machine, but if you are not the type to read instructions it isn't the machine for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2012, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'll create a cheat sheet for a common chemical list once you are comfortable with the operation. If you plan to use your big tank for agitation I'll create one for that as well. I suggest the UGA turf management application for your phone if you have iPhone.

Also make sure your smart steering is working or you will want to drive the machine off a cliff and jump off right before it goes over...
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by cgaengineer; 03-09-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Member

10-4 will do, says it will do 1 acre off 12 gallons but I've been measuring off all morning a parking lot and spraying trying to dial in the trim and wide patterns and yes I have an iPhone so I'll look into that app as well thanks for the info
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2012, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You are on the right track. Find out how many sqft a tank covers--and mix according to the sqft covered.

Let us know if you think it will really cover an acre with the 12 gallon capacity tanks. That would be around .27 gallons per 1000 sqft.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Edit manual says 48,000 sq ft will confirm that says 7 ft width by 143 linear = 1001 sq ft base calibrations off this constant but check this first will update findings
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If you are getting 48,000 sqft per tank that is 4,000 per gallon or .25 gallon per thousand.
If you are using Speedzone at the low rate of 1.1 ounce per thousand that would be 4.4 ounces per gallon or 26.4 ounces in each of the two 6 gallon tanks. Print a fill chart with Excel, cover with plastic and tape it to the inside of your truck.

Center to center, the 7 foot swath seems too narrow to me. Only 63 percent as wide as a hand spreader swath. The turning radius is bigger than that. The fert can be thrown 11 feet wide. In practice, I think most of us use a wider swath. At 7 foot center to center swath--at 4 mph--you only cover 2464 sqft per minute.

That would mean you are pumping .62 gallons per minute (78 ounces).

This cannot be right. More likely, 7 feet is probably the distance to the previous wheel track.
How about showing us a photo of the water pattern on cement? How wide?
Old 03-10-2012, 05:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
If you are getting 48,000 sqft per tank that is 4,000 per gallon or .25 gallon per thousand.
If you are using Speedzone at the low rate of 1.1 ounce per thousand that would be 4.4 ounces per gallon or 26.4 ounces in each of the two 6 gallon tanks. Print a fill chart with Excel, cover with plastic and tape it to the inside of your truck.

Center to center, the 7 foot swath seems too narrow to me. Only 63 percent as wide as a hand spreader swath. The turning radius is bigger than that. The fert can be thrown 11 feet wide. In practice, I think most of us use a wider swath. At 7 foot center to center swath--at 4 mph--you only cover 2464 sqft per minute.

That would mean you are pumping .62 gallons per minute (78 ounces).

This cannot be right. More likely, 7 feet is probably the distance to the previous wheel track.
How about showing us a photo of the water pattern on cement? How wide?
I will confirm:

7' center to center...3.5mph lo and 5mph hi
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2012, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2012, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Sorry I was vague they the manual said that was effective spray width Spread width w/ overlap 7 ft
Trim width 6 ft
Broadcast pattern 11 ft
At high gear 5 mph @ 20 seconds = 143 ft x7 = 1001 was there example = 1/4 gallon (32oz)
Low speed 3.5 mph@ 20 seconds 22 oz
So for example- standard rate 1oz per 1000 = 4 oz per gallon of mixture based on the constant that motor is @3450 rpm and 12 psi tires
So all that's clear not sure about this smart
steer brake assist steering is it on ? Always ?how do you apply it effectively ?
Posted via Mobile Device