Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Pooswa Pooswa is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South louisiana
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
On ebay you can buy one for $159 free shipping, had a few customers get them...
Posted via Mobile Device
You wouldnt happen to know the bolt pattern off hand for the mz seat?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Pooswa Pooswa is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South louisiana
Posts: 66
Also do you happen to know which one they bought ?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 AM
Pooswa Pooswa is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South louisiana
Posts: 66
Think I'm going with this one...the have it for 150 on eBay...
http://www.smoothoperator-us.com/

Also looking at theses for a drink holder
http://search.cartserver.com/search/...agnetic+coozie
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 AM
sage55 sage55 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central KY
Posts: 34
It's only money ... go with a monster such as this one here.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM
ommegang ommegang is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 165
I was waiting for me new hedge trimmer and was watching the badboy propoganda on thier supplied tv. I do think BB is a good value. However, when I seen that they use "extra hard blades" that should not be sharpened and will never go dull, I started second guessing BB. Are thier spindles that fragile that they don't want you sharpeniong blades??? Something is funky there?? To hell with that!
__________________


2012 F150FX Scab
2011 Scag 52" Vride
(3) Craftsman 42" riders
(1) John Deer 318 not working
(1) older Agrifab tow leaf sucker-upper, works good
(1) 2011 Echo Long shaft hedge trimmer
(1) 07' Honda single stage snow blower
(1) 2010 18" Echo chainsaw
(1) 2012 Husqvarna 326LS trimmer
(1) 2011 Ariens Pro 32" snow thrower
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
MS_SURVEYOR MS_SURVEYOR is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommegang View Post
I was waiting for me new hedge trimmer and was watching the badboy propoganda (propaganda) on thier (their) supplied tv. I do think BB is a good value. However, when I seen that they use "extra hard blades" that should not be sharpened and will never go dull, I started second guessing BB. Are thier (their) spindles that fragile that they don't want you sharpeniong (sharpening) blades??? Something is funky there?? To hell with that!
Bad Boy uses OREGON Fusion Blades. OREGON states they stay sharper longer. As far as the spindles, they are built as tough as any offered. They don't have grease zerks. But the bearings are easily replaceable. Quick change. I don't know. Mine are doing fine. I still have the original blades I need to sharpen. So even OREGON Fusion Blades need to be sharpened. But they still look good. Plenty on meat on them. I bet I get another 50 hours out of them. They are thicker than most blades.

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 PM
sprinter sprinter is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East of Chehalis, WA
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_SURVEYOR View Post
Bad Boy uses OREGON Fusion Blades. OREGON states they stay sharper longer. As far as the spindles, they are built as tough as any offered. They don't have grease zerks. But the bearings are easily replaceable. Quick change. I don't know. Mine are doing fine. I still have the original blades I need to sharpen. So even OREGON Fusion Blades need to be sharpened. But they still look good. Plenty on meat on them. I bet I get another 50 hours out of them. They are thicker than most blades.

Hi MS, Do you know if BB uses the Fusion blades on all their models including ZT? All it says in the literature is "high lift, heat treated" on all models. Does that translate to Fusion? That may tip the scale in my decision. The others I'm looking at say "low lift". Is hi lift better in every way or is there some advantage to low lift? Do you know if the mulch option is effective and if it clogs the system too much?
Also, do you know the warranty on The ZT models? BB is very elusive about that. All they tell is the engine warranty and even the dealer was wishy washy about it.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
MS_SURVEYOR MS_SURVEYOR is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Hi MS, Do you know if BB uses the Fusion blades on all their models including ZT? All it says in the literature is "high lift, heat treated" on all models. Does that translate to Fusion? That may tip the scale in my decision. The others I'm looking at say "low lift". Is hi lift better in every way or is there some advantage to low lift? Do you know if the mulch option is effective and if it clogs the system too much?
Also, do you know the warranty on The ZT models? BB is very elusive about that. All they tell is the engine warranty and even the dealer was wishy washy about it.
I know my 2010 PUP came with OREGON Fusion Blades with Bad Boy labeled on the blade. They were high lift blades. Depends on the grass. I mow Bahia Grass. Grows 4 to 6 inches in a week. Then it puts on seed shoots of 12 inches in the same week. It's a pasture grass meant for hay production. I need to get that grass out from under the deck as fast as I can. I'm going to try some OREGON G6 blades as soon as I get money ahead. Don't know anything about mulching. But I do want to get a chute blocker to keep the my grass discharge from getting into areas where I don't want it. The side of the house, flower beds, vegetable gardens, and such. But my good buddy puppypaws from this site mows grass in NC on his chicken farm, uses low to medium lift blades, and he mows fairly low. He said he gets a better cut. But he has different grasses than I do in Mississippi.

Wish I could be of more help.

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 AM
saw n mow's Avatar
saw n mow saw n mow is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Hi MS, Do you know if BB uses the Fusion blades on all their models including ZT? All it says in the literature is "high lift, heat treated" on all models. Does that translate to Fusion? That may tip the scale in my decision. The others I'm looking at say "low lift". Is hi lift better in every way or is there some advantage to low lift? Do you know if the mulch option is effective and if it clogs the system too much?
Also, do you know the warranty on The ZT models? BB is very elusive about that. All they tell is the engine warranty and even the dealer was wishy washy about it.
I have BadBoy's lowest model, the MZ (48" version) and it came with the Fusion blades.

Kevin
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Capemay Eagle's Avatar
Capemay Eagle Capemay Eagle is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Capemay NJ
Posts: 1,738
Congrats on your purchase.
__________________
John Deere X300 42"
Craftsman YT3000
Echo PB413
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.07481 seconds with 7 queries