Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-19-2012, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
On ebay you can buy one for $159 free shipping, had a few customers get them...
Posted via Mobile Device
You wouldnt happen to know the bolt pattern off hand for the mz seat?

Thanks
Old 04-19-2012, 07:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Also do you happen to know which one they bought ?
Old 04-25-2012, 07:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Think I'm going with this one...the have it for 150 on eBay...
http://www.smoothoperator-us.com/

Also looking at theses for a drink holder
http://search.cartserver.com/search/...agnetic+coozie
Old 04-25-2012, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

It's only money ... go with a monster such as this one here.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I was waiting for me new hedge trimmer and was watching the badboy propoganda on thier supplied tv. I do think BB is a good value. However, when I seen that they use "extra hard blades" that should not be sharpened and will never go dull, I started second guessing BB. Are thier spindles that fragile that they don't want you sharpeniong blades??? Something is funky there?? To hell with that!

2012 F150FX Scab
2011 Scag 52" Vride
(3) Craftsman 42" riders
(1) John Deer 318 not working
(1) older Agrifab tow leaf sucker-upper, works good
(1) 2011 Echo Long shaft hedge trimmer
(1) 07' Honda single stage snow blower
(1) 2010 18" Echo chainsaw
(1) 2012 Husqvarna 326LS trimmer
(1) 2011 Ariens Pro 32" snow thrower
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommegang View Post
I was waiting for me new hedge trimmer and was watching the badboy propoganda (propaganda) on thier (their) supplied tv. I do think BB is a good value. However, when I seen that they use "extra hard blades" that should not be sharpened and will never go dull, I started second guessing BB. Are thier (their) spindles that fragile that they don't want you sharpeniong (sharpening) blades??? Something is funky there?? To hell with that!
Bad Boy uses OREGON Fusion Blades. OREGON states they stay sharper longer. As far as the spindles, they are built as tough as any offered. They don't have grease zerks. But the bearings are easily replaceable. Quick change. I don't know. Mine are doing fine. I still have the original blades I need to sharpen. So even OREGON Fusion Blades need to be sharpened. But they still look good. Plenty on meat on them. I bet I get another 50 hours out of them. They are thicker than most blades.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_SURVEYOR View Post
Bad Boy uses OREGON Fusion Blades. OREGON states they stay sharper longer. As far as the spindles, they are built as tough as any offered. They don't have grease zerks. But the bearings are easily replaceable. Quick change. I don't know. Mine are doing fine. I still have the original blades I need to sharpen. So even OREGON Fusion Blades need to be sharpened. But they still look good. Plenty on meat on them. I bet I get another 50 hours out of them. They are thicker than most blades.

Hi MS, Do you know if BB uses the Fusion blades on all their models including ZT? All it says in the literature is "high lift, heat treated" on all models. Does that translate to Fusion? That may tip the scale in my decision. The others I'm looking at say "low lift". Is hi lift better in every way or is there some advantage to low lift? Do you know if the mulch option is effective and if it clogs the system too much?
Also, do you know the warranty on The ZT models? BB is very elusive about that. All they tell is the engine warranty and even the dealer was wishy washy about it.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
Hi MS, Do you know if BB uses the Fusion blades on all their models including ZT? All it says in the literature is "high lift, heat treated" on all models. Does that translate to Fusion? That may tip the scale in my decision. The others I'm looking at say "low lift". Is hi lift better in every way or is there some advantage to low lift? Do you know if the mulch option is effective and if it clogs the system too much?
Also, do you know the warranty on The ZT models? BB is very elusive about that. All they tell is the engine warranty and even the dealer was wishy washy about it.
I know my 2010 PUP came with OREGON Fusion Blades with Bad Boy labeled on the blade. They were high lift blades. Depends on the grass. I mow Bahia Grass. Grows 4 to 6 inches in a week. Then it puts on seed shoots of 12 inches in the same week. It's a pasture grass meant for hay production. I need to get that grass out from under the deck as fast as I can. I'm going to try some OREGON G6 blades as soon as I get money ahead. Don't know anything about mulching. But I do want to get a chute blocker to keep the my grass discharge from getting into areas where I don't want it. The side of the house, flower beds, vegetable gardens, and such. But my good buddy puppypaws from this site mows grass in NC on his chicken farm, uses low to medium lift blades, and he mows fairly low. He said he gets a better cut. But he has different grasses than I do in Mississippi.

Wish I could be of more help.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter View Post
I have BadBoy's lowest model, the MZ (48" version) and it came with the Fusion blades.

Kevin
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats on your purchase.
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own