Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-07-2012, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Little update, want to hear some opinions. Truck is still for sale, dealer just called and said he lowered the price to 33,500 now.

But came across this truck as well. Want to hear some thoughts. Its 2 years older than the other truck but has the plow, about 40k LESS miles on it and has the C7 Cat engine in it. Heres a link:

http://www.warwickautosales.com/Deal...MRpxBBUebI8%3d
Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl28 View Post
Little update, want to hear some opinions. Truck is still for sale, dealer just called and said he lowered the price to 33,500 now.

But came across this truck as well. Want to hear some thoughts. Its 2 years older than the other truck but has the plow, about 40k LESS miles on it and has the C7 Cat engine in it. Heres a link:

http://www.warwickautosales.com/Deal...MRpxBBUebI8%3d
According to the flaps that came from a dealer near me. If it was originally sold there I might have an idea of who owned it. Did they offer you any kind of history report?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not yet, I havent spoke to them about it much being that its the holiday weekend. I plan to call them on monday. I did see another pic of the truck with a green tree and a name under it as a logo on the door (looked very cheesy and simple). Not sure if you would know who it was.

Do you know of the dealer? Good? Bad?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone have any experience with or opinions on the Cat C7? Looking at a f650 with one in it, 23k on it. 13ft dump, 10ft Western plow, auto trans, power windows/locks etc. 26,000gvw $33k
Old 04-10-2012, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Anyone have any experience with or opinions on the Cat C7? Looking at a f650 with one in it, 23k on it. 13ft dump, 10ft Western plow, auto trans, power windows/locks etc. 26,000gvw $33k
All my fords have the cat c7 in them
Old 04-10-2012, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Not yet, I havent spoke to them about it much being that its the holiday weekend. I plan to call them on monday. I did see another pic of the truck with a green tree and a name under it as a logo on the door (looked very cheesy and simple). Not sure if you would know who it was.

Do you know of the dealer? Good? Bad?
Yup I know the dealer. I know quite a few salesmen and mechanics there. Its actually part of the family of dealerships I bought both my old f150 and my GMC from. They are the best dealer in this area imo. They have always taken care of me.

I might know what company you are talking about. If you want to talk about it some more you can PM me.

As far as the dealer who is selling it, I have seen their ads but havent really heard anything about them.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Mrsops- Like the C7's??

metro36- Apparently the truck was recently owned by Greenwood village- the home complex of 500 homes. They used it for maintenance there, thus the low miles.

I looked at the truck today, drove it, got in, under and around it. Really like it. A couple of nice extra options. Had some decent power. More than the Cummins that the original truck I looked at had. All in all pretty impressed and want to make an offer. Asking price was $35,995 and today he said he would do it for $33,000 rock bottom. I'm sure theres some more room to move there, just not sure how much.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

offer him 30k.

not to many people have 30k cash these days.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very true, To be honest, I was thinking of financing the purchase. I had over 20k worth of equipment stolen over the winter and I'm still fighting with insurance to get paid, so for now I'd rather finance. If all goes well there is no pre-payment penalty in NJ so I could/would pay it off early.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Mrsops- Like the C7's??

metro36- Apparently the truck was recently owned by Greenwood village- the home complex of 500 homes. They used it for maintenance there, thus the low miles.

I looked at the truck today, drove it, got in, under and around it. Really like it. A couple of nice extra options. Had some decent power. More than the Cummins that the original truck I looked at had. All in all pretty impressed and want to make an offer. Asking price was $35,995 and today he said he would do it for $33,000 rock bottom. I'm sure theres some more room to move there, just not sure how much.
I like the c7.. Could use a little more power at times but its like everything else you always want more and more lol..