Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2012, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Cheapest Website.

Who do you guys use? DIY Or pay someone? Im looking to setup a website mostly for collecting paypal payments. What does everyone recommend? Im not looking for anything elaborate. One page would be fine.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Paypal Payments Standard or Pro?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You want a website for collecting paypal payments done as cheaply as possible.

I would suggest for the collection of payments you use www.mals-e.com. It is free which is about as cheap as you can get. They do have a paid version but I have used their free set up for years for a full online store set up, it uses their secure server and I have never had a problem.

As far as the rest wordpress is highly spoken of. If you are only doing one page you could do it in notepad if you wanted. There are lots of free or low cost hosting.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

interesting. does it work for collecting payments for services? i see it setup as a store, but wondering if its possible to set it up properly for accounts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
You want a website for collecting paypal payments done as cheaply as possible.

I would suggest for the collection of payments you use www.mals-e.com. It is free which is about as cheap as you can get. They do have a paid version but I have used their free set up for years for a full online store set up, it uses their secure server and I have never had a problem.

As far as the rest wordpress is highly spoken of. If you are only doing one page you could do it in notepad if you wanted. There are lots of free or low cost hosting.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It's pretty flexible. I think you could set it up for payments easy enough.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzane View Post
i see it setup as a store, but wondering if its possible to set it up properly for accounts?
Could you go into more detail as to exactly what you're looking for your site to accomplish? This seems different than a simple one page site to collect Paypal Payments.

And my question of which type of Paypal account you use is relevant to the answer you're looking for as they function completely differently and will have an impact on your solution and potential cost.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just for clarification since it was mentioned about mals-e using secure server, for those that don't know, you do NOT need a secure site yourself to accept payments via paypal's basic payment processing, as the button you add to your site takes you over to PayPal's site which is secured.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on mals-e. I have someone that might work for and will be checking out later this week.

-Greg
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had not really thought about that. I use paypal a lot for buying and selling on eBay but we don't accept paypal on the website. If we get someone insisting on it then we make an exception but most of our online store purchases are credit card. In browsing Mals site it seems like a majority use pay pal for their most common set up and I hear it talked about a lot on their site and the forum they have but I have little personal experice using Mals and paypal together but what you say seems logical.

I do like Mal's and have been using it for 6 or 7 years with no problems. I do think that it is not right for everyone but may be ideal for some.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Member

I do know that paypal is also coming out with an adapter to your phone that will allow you to take payments on site with your iPhone. I just think that the under 35 group hardly ever have cash and less and less have a checkbook. Here's an article

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/st...tor/53551228/1