Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Best scheduling / estimating / routing software

What is the best scheduling software program IYO? Looking at Groundskeeper pro, lawn pro, and lawn service software. I like groundskeeper since it take credit cards, and chemical applications, etc., however turned off by the fact it doesn't download to my iPad making it useless in he field. Any other suggestion?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Jobber

Take a look at Jobber! I LOVE it and it sounds like it has everything you need. Jobber currently accepts paypal and a little birdie told me you will be able to accept credit cards in the near future. Also, you can add chemical tracking and it is all mobile as well and will work on your ipad! Plus they have excelent support unlike some of the programs you mentioned. Try it out! You won't be disappointed!
www.getjobber.com

Old 03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
Take a look at Jobber! I LOVE it and it sounds like it has everything you need. Jobber currently accepts paypal and a little birdie told me you will be able to accept credit cards in the near future. Also, you can add chemical tracking and it is all mobile as well and will work on your ipad! Plus they have excelent support unlike some of the programs you mentioned. Try it out! You won't be disappointed!
www.getjobber.com
That's one I haven't heard of. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
www.getjobber.com
Only Problem is the job costing with them. As soon as they add that I will look at them seriously.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenkeeper88 View Post
Only Problem is the job costing with them. As soon as they add that I will look at them seriously.
Job costing? Could you elaborate on that?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I've heard Service Auto Pilot works great. Check it out at serviceautopilot.com.

Rich
Old 03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Job costing? Could you elaborate on that?
With Qxpress,I can add all my materials cost and retail. So i enter the amount say salt used on the property (23 bags) enter my start and end time and I can pull a report that tells me labor cost (includes overhead cost as well), actual material cost, and i get total spent, total recived, profit, profit per hour, total income per hour. This all tells me which job in the weeks make me the best money both total and per hour,
Old 03-12-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenkeeper88 View Post
With Qxpress,I can add all my materials cost and retail. So i enter the amount say salt used on the property (23 bags) enter my start and end time and I can pull a report that tells me labor cost (includes overhead cost as well), actual material cost, and i get total spent, total recived, profit, profit per hour, total income per hour. This all tells me which job in the weeks make me the best money both total and per hour,
Ohh, I gotcha. That makes smart business sense! I am sure it is on Sam's (Jobber's Founder) list of things to do. Jobber is a relatively new business and I literally see new additions and functions being added every day. Sam reads what people look for in landscaping software on this site. I know I sound like a walking endorsement for Jobber but with the little time I have been using them, their support and listening to their customer's feedback and wants is stellar! I think it is important to support new and upcoming businesses like Jobber so they can succeed.

I'm not saying to definetly use Jobber, all I am saying is to try various softwares including Jobber before making the final decision and find the right one to fit your needs.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. I have numerous emails w/ sam and ama facebook fan. i'm watching and hopefully sam will be in touch w/ me when it is added. I am very interested in the software when they get up to what i'm using now. I hope that years to come they mainstay thier customer support. That is what everyone on lawnsite complains the most about and the #1 reason a software is reccomended. A lot of software will work but the help isn't ther to help a company use it to it's full potential. Both sides lose out that way.
Got that Sam? (jobber)
Old 03-15-2012, 06:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I wonder how many more "which software" threads we can come up with? Doesn't anyone do a search? This topic has been beat to death over the past 2 months. There should be more info in a search than you could dream.
Greensboro NC