Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by day off? View Post
you guys are getting this all wrong... My customer/friend's trees are up to code and within the guidelines of the hoa. The president was leaving threatening letters for no reason. The letters were not official hoa letters. Since the president was such a dick... I was going to report him to the county for illegally topping an oak (the pic above) and wanted to know the exact laws before reporting him. However, i recently found out the president has a personal beef with my customer. Apparently he is a fall down drunk. 2 years ago the guy came home drunk and hit my customers car. He ended up going to jail, lost his license and job. He blames my customers for this. He has been the hoa president for only a month and has been abusing his power to harass my customer. Thank you all for the input but it looks like i'm staying out of this battle.

good luck..

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When things get this "Sticky", take a copy of the by-laws, photos of tree, his note and anything else to a contract attorney and follow his/her advise.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmaroad View Post
When things get this "Sticky", take a copy of the by-laws, photos of tree, his note and anything else to a contract attorney and follow his/her advise.
Why? It is the homeowners responsibility to deal with the HOA. My advice, stay the heck out of it.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day off? View Post
You guys are getting this all wrong... My customer/friend's trees are up to code and within the guidelines of the HOA. The president was leaving threatening letters for no reason. THE LETTERS WERE NOT OFFICIAL HOA LETTERS. Since the president was such a dick... I was going to report him to the county for illegally topping an Oak (the pic above) and wanted to know the exact laws before reporting him. However, I recently found out the president has a personal beef with my customer. Apparently he is a fall down drunk. 2 years ago the guy came home drunk and hit my customers car. He ended up going to jail, lost his license and job. He blames my customers for this. He has been the HOA president for only a month and has been abusing his power to harass my customer. Thank you all for the input but it looks like I'm staying out of this battle.
Wise decision, always better to be armed with most of the facts in advance of your final course of action.
easy-lift guy
Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Stupid question... forget what the HOH idiot wants.... why is there any law telling me how or how not I can trim a tree? Too many freaking rules.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoe View Post
Stupid question... forget what the HOH idiot wants.... why is there any law telling me how or how not I can trim a tree? Too many freaking rules.
Improper pruning causes plants/trees to get weak... Making them more likely to get some sort of pest or disease, that could spread. It really doesn't matter because 90% of code trees are planted in tiny areas of grass, surrounded by concrete... Causing the tree to slowly choke itself out.