Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2012, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

How to bid for turf spraying??

hey guys, newb question and maybe a dumb one, but im about to start doing turf spraying and wanting to know how you guys know how much to bid a spraying job?? is it by square ft or what? thanks guys
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

search feature............. only about 1000 threads on pricing.

If I had any business sense i'd probably do cost + profit to get a price. wouldn't matter whether you priced per sq ft, 1000 sq ft, acre, or sq inch.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Member

i did search and didnt really see any good answers..

thanks for helping me on my thread even though it was a smart comment lol. i know they are a lot of threads about pricing but i figured there would be someone to just say kinda how they do it.. i havent dug into the pricing and where to get the chimicals to much so was just trying to get an idea.. i want to get licensed before i even start looking into chemicals unlike many around me that doesnt have license.. so any more help would be thankful...
Old 03-12-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

not trying to be smart. talking prices is pretty tough and i don't know your costs.

you will find anything from $4/1000 - $15/1000. Depends on location and market. Also I don't know your cost. you might be paying $30/gallon for 3 way and I may pay $18/gallon. You may be pulling a hose and I may have a ride on.

Do some research in your area. Ask locally, ask customers, read the lawnsite threads.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

ok man, thanks.. i was kiddin about you being smart. i understand roookies can get annoying haha. but im just trying to grow my company.. ill be using a skid sprayer on the back of a truck with a hose. when you said 4/1000 - 15/1000 is that how much the rage of pay is for a 1000 sq ft?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

well i'm a newb too, i'm in the same boat, searching around here for all the answers. its just a tough one. i called around to find out what i can get the chemicals for, got some ball park figures to work with and also figuring in fuel costs, and equipment.. theres alot of different spray companies that operate in my neighborhood, so when i see one out i get them to do a bid on my yard.. i also ask around to see what my neighbors are paying.. lol getting an idea of what others in the area charge helps out. so i'd find out what the going rate is in your area first. i'm getting closer to figuring out where to start with pricing.. so hopefully i will not mess up to bad right out of the gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreshamLandscapemgmt View Post
hey guys, newb question and maybe a dumb one, but im about to start doing turf spraying and wanting to know how you guys know how much to bid a spraying job?? is it by square ft or what? thanks guys
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

yea man, i hear ya.. well my two neighbors get theres sprayed.. ones yard is about 6000 sq ft and tru green sprays it 6 times a year for 400 bucks.. does that sound about right??
Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

the prices i got in my head are from 7 to 10 years ago, and back then when i worked for them we would do a 6000 sq. ft. lawn for like 29 bucks on avg. my neighbor has about 6000 sq. ft., and pays 40 per app to a guy with a pick up truck, spreader and backpack sprayer. his lawn looks better than our other neighbor who has trugreen. not to sure what he is paying though.

i dunno though, 6000 sq. ft., 66 bucks an app sounds a little high to me. thats like the old chemlawn prices from the 1980's. i used to treat lawns that were 2,000 sq. ft. for like 80 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreshamLandscapemgmt View Post
yea man, i hear ya.. well my two neighbors get theres sprayed.. ones yard is about 6000 sq ft and tru green sprays it 6 times a year for 400 bucks.. does that sound about right??
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Member

if your just starting and are willing to get better lawns and make a fair price charge around $10 per 1000/square feet it will cover your and try to keep the lawns close together and services the hell out then and ask for refferals at least 3 times per year and give then something even a thank you note if that is all you can afford. 10k 100 5k 50
20k mybe a little less like 180 commercial 175 -200 -for 30k you will do ok and sell add on for even more grubcontrol the price of an app lime or other soil add ons app price
Old 03-12-2012, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter140 View Post
if your just starting and are willing to get better lawns and make a fair price charge around $10 per 1000/square feet it will cover your and try to keep the lawns close together and services the hell out then and ask for refferals at least 3 times per year and give then something even a thank you note if that is all you can afford. 10k 100 5k 50
20k mybe a little less like 180 commercial 175 -200 -for 30k you will do ok and sell add on for even more grubcontrol the price of an app lime or other soil add ons app price
ok man thanks.. thats what i was looking for. i already have about 20 accounts lined up waiting for me to get my stuff for 30k of sq ft i charge 200 bucks for every app and do 6 apps per year?