Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Hustler Turf Equip
User Name
Password
Home Products Find a Dealer News About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Hustler Turf Equip Lawn Mowers & Turf Care Equipment

Old 12-08-2002, 04:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Generatiion II Walkbehind controls

In some past threads the Generation II controls were discussed. I think it was said that this was to be on the new gatemaster mowers. Is ther a plan to include the Gen II controls on ALL walkbehind mowers soon? When? and could you refrech my memory on what exacly the changes were?? Are ther any ohter changes comeing to the walkbehinds?? bigger engins? bigger tires?? fles-deck option?? hand gards on the handles (like on some dirt bikes)??
Any info you can give us would be great, thanks
Old 12-09-2002, 10:20 AM
Sponsor

Right now, it looks like the H-Barô Plus steering will be on the new GateMasterô and our new generation of hydro walk-behinds. The new generation machines will be available this Spring. The GateMaster, probably in June. There has been some discussion to upgrading our current walk-behinds with the new steering and a few other improvements. I have not heard a schedule on that. Probably next Fall at the soonest.

Coming this Spring, also will be Kohler engines in the Hustler Z and Super Z.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can you tell us what is new about the "New generation walkbehinds". Is it more horsepower, bigger decks, different engine manufacturer options? I have a 17 horse 54 cut now and would like to see more horsepower for my next one.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So I'll have to waint until June for the Gatemaster? First it was Dec. - Jan. then spring and now June! Is June a firm time frame now? This is one mower that will save me alot of time and I want to be the first to have one.
www.hrbuyersandsellers.com
WE BUY HOUSES
Old 12-10-2002, 06:41 PM
Sponsor

The GateMaster has a very complicated belt routing and pulley system to keep the belt on and aligned when it is tilted. As you might imagine, this is taking some time to work out. In the meantime, it was decided it would be best to design the steering and the tractor portion of the machine first, then the regular non-tilting decks next, then the final GateMaster unit. That has pushed the schedule back quite a bit. We are sorry for the delay, but we will do everything we can to make it worth the wait.
Old 12-10-2002, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wojo23323
So I'll have to waint until June for the Gatemaster? First it was Dec. - Jan. then spring and now June! Is June a firm time frame now? This is one mower that will save me alot of time and I want to be the first to have one.
Would you rather then hurry and put out krap or take their time and make it perfect. I say take as long as you need.