The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-17-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes i use it for everything
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2012, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bought the pro quick books last night ended up ringing up 98as bucks was marked 179 so ill take it. How do i tell how much i make say spraying vs mowing i have only startex putting in contacts looks good so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2012, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did see that if u go to intuit web site, they sell a monthly fee package. What's the diffrence in that vs. Buying from a store. I'm looking for something that can help me manage payroll, p/l, and billing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

im using quickbooks online and Jobber. Jobber is just plain simple and it will automatically input information into quick books. If you don't have payroll quick books online is $15 a month and jobber is $30 a month. Jobber is working pretty nice and does all of my scheduling for me. Then while I am in the field I can access my jobber schedual from my phone. I actually have full access to jobber from my phone if I need to do something. You can even send invoices or quote to the customer while you talk to them at their property. At the end of the day its only a 2 clicks to make a invoice from the job. Then quickbooks online also has a mobile function.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLawn and more View Post
im using quickbooks online and Jobber. Jobber is just plain simple and it will automatically input information into quick books. If you don't have payroll quick books online is $15 a month and jobber is $30 a month. Jobber is working pretty nice and does all of my scheduling for me. Then while I am in the field I can access my jobber schedual from my phone. I actually have full access to jobber from my phone if I need to do something. You can even send invoices or quote to the customer while you talk to them at their property. At the end of the day its only a 2 clicks to make a invoice from the job. Then quickbooks online also has a mobile function.
Jobber is AWESOME! I love it!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quickbooks is a must if you do payroll and need good accounting. Job scheduling is not there at all.

Will look at jobber cause i need scheduling.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would say the way you go from contact, to job, to schedualing, to invoice is the strongest part of jobber. Then support is super quick and most likly get the president if you have a question. Then you can really customize the contact info a lot which is nice. I have not figured out everything it can do yet and they trying to make it a program made for us which is a plus. So it will only get better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the jobber also keep track of customers vendors etc ? I am in the same boat trying to buy something soon before it gets out of hand like last year with paper work

what a nigh mare that was !

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692

Old 03-21-2012, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Need to tell me what you want to do a little more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-21-2012, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm currently using QB 2012 Premier w/web-access and w/mobile access and off-site backup for $39/mo. I also use Act! and a program to keep Act! and QB synced. All-in-all, it works OK. The most lacking part is scheduling and crew management.

While looking for a new solution I focused on web-based apps that had a strong mobile interface. That lead me to lawncal.com and Serviceautopilot.com. I'm leaning towards Service Autopilot even though it is really expensive (like $100/mo). Very robust, though.