Register free!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, you couldnt educate the customer a little bit? And you were ok putting out a chemical that will do you no good for anything this time of year?

Your customer might pay the bills but they are not always right...this is one of the reasons why we keep getting more regulations...

I fired a customer today because she tried to tell me how to do my application.....and it wasnt a small account, $1550 for the year for lawn and tick apps. But screw that, dont tell me what should and shouldnt be done when I am the professional. Especially after telling you the reasons why we are doing what we are doing, you still want it done your way? this isnt burger king.....you cant always have it your way, especially if it isnt agronomically or environmentally right....
Old 03-30-2012, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Although not idea you can spring treat for grubs though not as effective per dollar spent. The big problem is you only are treating whats in the ground now which will do little damage before they emerge. Then new ones come over from next door to your enticing lawn and you get damage anyways.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The customer wanted grub down now and then i always do merit at the right time so she wants that done too. I explained everything to her and this is what she wanted and demanded so what they heck i did it for her considering ill make enough from this contract. Thanks everyone for the answers

Rhode Island Landscapers Thread:
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 03-31-2012, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigirish320 View Post
The customer wanted grub down now and then i always do merit at the right time so she wants that done too. I explained everything to her and this is what she wanted and demanded so what they heck i did it for her considering ill make enough from this contract. Thanks everyone for the answers
Irish

Who is the Certified Pesticide Operator YOU OR THE CUSTOMER???????

Who is responsible if the application goes bad??? Who's insurance company drop them after a bad claim??? Who Loses their License or Pays the Fine???

HELLO GET YOU HEAD OUT OF THE PLACE WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE AND EDUCATE YOUR CUSTOMER THAT YOU ARE THE PROFESSIONAL NOT THEM.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Tags
dylox , grass , grub , seeding