Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

More LED choices?

I'm considering some new Nightscaping Porotbello fixtures on a job. I can order them with either your SCB or your bi-pin.

I found it interesting that the SCB has more light output, but I guess I was under the mistaken impression that they were available in 2700K.

Will they be?

And then, what about MR11s? Is anything going on with an LED replacement for those? Google finds a lot for me, but I can't tell if they're any good. If you won't offer them, can you suggest a brand?
Old 04-26-2012, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for your interest in our 2700K miniatures. We have several different LED products slated for release in the next few months. Once product development and testing are complete, we'll be announcing our new lines.

As for the MR11s, form factor is an issue with these types of lamps. To get the appropriate thermal management and light output for these LED lamps, manufacturers often need to make the lamp much larger than traditional MR11 bulbs, so they tend to be longer or wider than the space inside the fixture. Also, if you are still searching, I'd look for a company that uses high quality LED chips, such as Cree, and design MR11s specifically for landscape lighting.

If you require a 20W equivalent LED MR11, the lumen output should be around 200 - 250 lumens. I'd check for foot candle charts just to be certain that you'll get the illumination you need.
Illumicare Group Limited
www.illumicaregroup.com