Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can't say I've had an opportunity to try. The St. Augustine grass is way too risky to go over 350, any time I try I regret it with chunks of turf coming out.
I'm really surprised at all the tight places I can maneuver into. I feared not being able to get a nice close job done. It's tempting to sell the Turfco XT5 altogether. The opportunity to back into places & hang over the edge makes a huge difference. I always had to contend with the handlebars on the xt5. Is it a huge deal, probably not, but I have had customers thank me for doing such a thorough job.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just visited MIBAR's site & now I'm asking: What else do you all use this machine for other than aerating? I'm in Florida, so no snow here. I would have loved the Spreader unit last week after spreading 150#'s of winter-rye over a driving range with el-cheapo spreaders. I'd love to offer more of this service to residential but most of them have thick Zoysia turf, not sure how well that would go.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I already have a spreader mounted and plan on spray tanks with a boom and hose reel. I am also going to try and fab a power rake to slide into the reciever and lift with a cylinder. I use the power rake after aerating for a seed bed so driving around would be alot better than pushing it. I think it might work well as a walk plow also.
Steve
Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Steve,
You've never posted your pictures of your set up. Are you going too?????
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader
Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yes..I'm sorry i completely forgot..Just made myself a note,
Steve
Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.neusbaum View Post
The set-screws on the outside drive shaft bearing pillow-blocks loosened allowing the Right side facing drive chain to rub behind the wheelwell & the masterlink came apart. With a new one ($2) it was back together. Something to keep an eye on.
During my hour lunch-break today I aerated a small corner-lot but afterward was told their phone just went out. Was only at 300 psi too. I suggested it must not have been buried to code, apologized & just made it back to the office 1 minute over. I hate rushing thru a job.
Posted via Mobile Device
I had a customer call me last month and tell me their internet went out right after I left. Said Charter came out and the cable was "shredded" and that the customer would be responsible. I told them no way, had to have been buried too shallow. Sure enough, Charter backed down and admitted it was't buried deep enough.

I'm working on mounting up a Lesco Truckster that I bought off of Ebay. Brand new still in the box for $325 shipped!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm hoping to have a dethatcher unit converted to the 2" receiver front mount for the sole purpose of raking pine-straw needles. I think it will make quick work. Not looking to get all them up but would like to speedily pile them to pitch-fork into dumptruck.
Secondarily what's the best search keywords when shopping for the front-mount broadcast spreader? I ebayed Lesco Truckster but nodda.
Rick, I'm thinking of offering a Milorganite type spreader service instead of just the compost topdressing. As you know the topdressing is labor/equipment intense so I'd like to offer something outta the bag for a change. Thoughts?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I'm hoping to have a dethatcher unit converted to the 2" receiver front mount for the sole purpose of raking pine-straw needles. I think it will make quick work. Not looking to get all them up but would like to speedily pile them to pitch-fork into dumptruck.
Secondarily what's the best search keywords when shopping for the front-mount broadcast spreader? I ebayed Lesco Truckster but nodda.
Rick, I'm thinking of offering a Milorganite type spreader service instead of just the compost topdressing. As you know the topdressing is labor/equipment intense so I'd like to offer something outta the bag for a change. Thoughts?
Spyker or JRCO..spyker is what is on the Z sprays..I have the JRCO ..works great
Old 12-10-2012, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:

I think I just lucked out on the lesco
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2012, 10:57 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How about a spreader like this one here on ebay?: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SnowEX-Wirel...ad78c2&vxp=mtr