Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-24-2012, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfcobob View Post

Foxtrot, I would watch what you say. We are all using the exact same design of tine, entering the soil in exactly the same manner so be careful. and How much tine research have you done? I have been at it since the early 70s when I was with Ryan (who designed that tine) and many others.

Maybe you need to let the fella who said that his Turfco unit did not aerate in reverse needs to watch what he says. I merely stated and I quote "If this statement is true, I can honostly give an opinion that the Toro/Exmark (formerly Lawn Solutions) aerators are superior to the Turfco for this very reason." So who actually misspoke? Go, hammer another head.

I am glad that you have years of tine research and I appreciate anything your years of experience may have added to the industry, and I really mean that, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the mans statement that his unit does not aerate in reverse, nor my comment that if it was true it was a lesser machine. I do not aerate in reverse as normal practice but in tight spaces and on certain hilly areas it can be a real advantage and I am thankful for the ability to do so.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBITMAN11 View Post
The dual hydro is the Bomb. Other designs are ancient history!
The dual hydro runs circles around the other designs.
Take it easy BOBBY BOY!
The Dual Hydro is the machine that I have been trying to get my hands on for months! I still want one! I just recently bought the 30" rider and I can tell already it's going to be a great year.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yep jfoxtrot9...the only problem I have with My Lawn Solution walk behind dual hydro is it's GREEN! Most of my equipment and trailer are all BRIGHT RED!!!

Wonder if I should get some spray cans and paint it red? LOL!

Or if I paint it, I might be losing some of that Collector's Value on L.S. dual hydro....since I don't think there are many of them out there (maybe 5 total)???
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader
Old 08-25-2012, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13 View Post
Yep jfoxtrot9...the only problem I have with My Lawn Solution walk behind dual hydro is it's GREEN! Most of my equipment and trailer are all BRIGHT RED!!!

Wonder if I should get some spray cans and paint it red? LOL!

Or if I paint it, I might be losing some of that Collector's Value on L.S. dual hydro....since I don't think there are many of them out there (maybe 5 total)???
You have to keep it green! I feel you on the color, the rest of my stuff is also red but I would not paint my LS 21", no way. It's a first of it's kind instant classic!

Early this year I actually found a Dual Hydro with 18 hours on Ebay. The only problem was it was like 16 hours away from me in Minnesota. The guy seemed wierd about shipping it to me even with my offer to pay shipping. (he wanted local pick up). I have tried to contact him since with no reply. Oh well.

Are there really like only 5 produced?
Old 08-25-2012, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I was calling Lawn Solution every week...I knew of seven units they were working on. Lawn Solutions would tell me that they were tweaking this and that to get the dual hydro just right! The last two of the seven units didn't have enough parts, so they weren't sure which one I was going to get. One through five....or number six or seven?

Well a week later, I had my dual aerator....so I think I got one through five.

Well going on three years later....Toro/ExMark have missed their 1st date on getting the dual hydro out there. I think they were going to have the dual hydro's ready for the masses in July 2012 for around $4,000.00 plus.

Well July is gone, and now the Fall is almost here.

David from Lawn Solutions call me three years ago....wanting to come by my house to borrow the dual hydro. He said there was some big lawn show near by and he was working for Toro.

Well long story short, Toro just bought Lawn Solutions out, so David was wearing a Red Toro Equipment shirt, but he had a trailer full off his/Toro's equipment. He had a L.S. Riding Aerator, L.S. 21" hydro aerator, and L.S. slit seeder....but no dual hydro aerator. So he called me up the day before the show, asking if he could borrow the machine since he didn't have one.

I said sure, it was the end of July I think....but it was a time where I didn't need it since it wasn't Fall.

So he came by, picked up the aerator and said "Thanks".

The next day he brought the machine back and told me out of all the equipment they had at the show...including Toro's products....the dual hydro walk behind aerator was the hottest machine there and he had over hundred different people wanting to buy it off of him/on the spot!

Now I know David might be hyping it up some....but I personal think if someone wanted to increase their aeration business...the dual hydro is the way to go!

It's very fast, almost half the money of the rider (so you don't have to risk as much money to see if your working area will support an expensive piece of equipment), a chance to increase your local visibility and maybe pick up new customers.

It's a great machine, but Toro must be having problems getting them out the door??? Not sure.

But I do know, I feel lucky, and it does a great job in the back yards when the rider won't fit.

And one more funny note, you know you'll spoiled when you dread using the dual hydro aerator...when there's a super, fast, fun, riding aerator on your trailer. Must be human life....if I can't use the rider now....I dread having to walk behind a machine....just to explain how wonderful the riding aerator is!

And if you live in Norther Illinois....don't buy a riding aerator....they are too expensive!!! LOL!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe I have the.first one! I also had the.first ride on too. Love both of them. I've had three different ride ons. One with a subaru, one with a 21 hp briggs, and now the kawasaki. My ride on also has a built in radio. So it the rarest. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice Rabbitman11!!! Then I might have #5 of dual hydro aerator's (R.I.P. Lawn Solution).
Old 08-25-2012, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So help me out....I don't want to spend $9K for a stand on and I already have a terrible wb that I can't turn. We were headed towands a pull behind that might get thru a 36" gate. So what is the one you all are talking about and what is the price? We have some larger 11 acre yards that we do.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, 11 acres!!! That would take forever with 36" aerator!

I would buy a nice Rainbird, BillyGoat, or some other tow behind aerator that would hook up to a tractor. You are looking at over $1500.00 but it would last you a very long time.

The $4000.00 plus aerator is the one that's My Post Picture (sitting on the sidewalk). It's a Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Walk behind (but you can hook up a sulkey-so you can ride standing up-if you want).

Lawn Solution got bought out by Toro/ExMark. They are coming out with the same machine that's My Picture....and Toro was going to have them in July 2012.

Well that date has come and gone. So now Toro might have them ready sometime this Fall....maybe????

The Dual Hydro is a great machine and it can do everything the rider can, for less money....just takes you longer since it's only 24" wide when it aerates...compared to 30" for the Riding Aerator.

You could almost buy two dual hydro aerators for the price of one riding aerator....that is if and when Toro starts selling the dual hydros.

Hope this helps a bit ed2hess. Best bet, call your local Toro or ExMark dealer and ask them when the dual hydro aerators are coming out....and you would like to demo one.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Guys,
Can this machine punch 4-5" plugs in the drought stricken soil? If so, do you now have a disclaimer that you are not resonsible for anything under ground?
Steve