Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2012, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Every door direct mail

Going to try out the Postal Service mailing program. Sign up is free and then you choose the area you want your stuff sent to. I'm having 5,000 post cards made up and then I pick out a zip code ,it then shows a map of the area ,you then click on a mail route and it shows every street it will be mailed to. Post cards have to be bigger the 6x6 and cost is less then 15 cents to mail.

https://www.usps.com/business/every-...irect-mail.htm
Old 03-24-2012, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I work at a printing company, and my job is to actually process this mail on a daily basis. If anyone has questions I can help out. I think it is a fantastic tool. A lot of lawn companies are taking advantage of this. If I may ask grandview, what company do you have printing/processing this for you?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

My local printer.5,000 6.5 x something,full color both sides,he's charging me 400.00 for printing and design work and on card stock.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

That is not a bad price. They are probably 6.5x9.25. They are a really nice size to mail. Are you doing the prep work and mailing yourself?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydelsolsi View Post
That is not a bad price. They are probably 6.5x9.25. They are a really nice size to mail. Are you doing the prep work and mailing yourself?
No. I'm just going to give them the route number and he'll sort them and do the paper work and drop them off at the Post Office. I'm sending out 1500 a week. I did a 5k mailing once and got to many calls in that week.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flydelsolsi View Post
Hey, since you have spoken up here, I have a question. These mailings have to have a certain code in the "stamp" area on them. Do you know if it is acceptable to print this code on a label and apply it to the piece as opposed to it being printed directly on the mailing piece?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
Hey, since you have spoken up here, I have a question. These mailings have to have a certain code in the "stamp" area on them. Do you know if it is acceptable to print this code on a label and apply it to the piece as opposed to it being printed directly on the mailing piece?
This is all you need for address and permit

Old 03-25-2012, 07:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
If you already have the pieces printed, I am sure you could have a local printer inkjet it on for a reasonable price. Perhaps you could even get a stamper made online and stamp the pieces yourself. However, for a question like yours they best thing you could do is go to your local post office and ask what they would accept. Each post office is like its own little kingdom in the government beaucracy, and what each post office will accept is different than the next. Sometimes you can get a one time letter of exception to get by on.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

If your gonna mail make sure you know what areas you want to hit first. the every door program is good but make sure you dont hit a bunch of apartments. pick out the routes on the map so you know which mailboxes get hit. we used http://eddm.taradel.com because you can see the areas on the map and click on them. also look at the free lawncare postcards in the templates, got a good one in there. worked for my cousin and we doin it now.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

so with this program, you are paying for the address and postage? All you need to do is provide your postcards?