Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-27-2012, 02:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Looking for Work in Connecticut ~ Spring 2012

I've owned a Successful Landscape / Snow Plowing Company for 25yrs+

Shop is based in Orange Ct.06477 We have lost some good help around 2010
( Husband & wife snowplowing team , moved out of State )
( Foreman went out on his own ) Our current mowing contracts have ended and we don't have much work at the moment.

Partially my own fault ( all eggs in one basket dilemma ) lost after 16yrs, Snow Contract with 16+ locations throughout the State. Also dealing with some Property Managers that shouldn't be managers

We have always strived hard to satisfy Customers with Reliable, Quality work. Resulting in 5,10,15 yr+ relationships with customers.

My problem is that while trying to rebuild a reliable workforce and at the same time bidding cost effective work somehow lost our balance and have not accomplishing that goal .

I am looking for contractors in my area looking for part time or full time workers to consider hiring us ( sub ). I am looking into purchasing a mowing route in my area before i Cannabalize My Company . 3 Plow Vehicles , 3 Mowers , Numerous Handheld equipment ,5 plows, 5 spreaders etc....

If you are looking to grow but don't want to invest in equipment at this time ?? give us a call. Will consider any and all types of landscaping work.

We can do deliveries, mowing , cleanups, mulching, planting, or ????? We can do the dirty work

Not looking for handouts or having a pity party. Just want to get back on my feet and feel the Pride I used to feel . Husband and Wife team since 1988

I realize that other Companies are feeling the pinch of this economy and hope
this is something you are looking for at this time . We can work with you or can do it on our own.

We have a handful of mows now and work set up for next winter ( snow contracts ). but we need
If interested lets meet.

Give me a call 203-215-7726 Rob or Email leonardservices@hotmail.com

Thanks for listening . Appreciate feedback or suggestions
Old 03-27-2012, 04:04 AM
LawnSite Member

I'm sorry to hear this, it seems that many customers these days are looking for bottom dollar and not so much customer service and quality work. I've even had a few lost bids call me to thank me for the way I dealt with them but they found someone cheaper... Those companies are the ones that will lose in the long run just keep your head up, things will improve!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlandscaping View Post
I'm sorry to hear this, it seems that many customers these days are looking for bottom dollar and not so much customer service and quality work. I've even had a few lost bids call me to thank me for the way I dealt with them but they found someone cheaper... Those companies are the ones that will lose in the long run just keep your head up, things will improve!
Thanks PH, I was so busy pleasing a 16yr customer with multiple properties that i didnt see a need at the time to aggressively market myself. Usually i had a good sense about these type of things .

Some contracts were year to year , also some 3-5 yr stuff. all kinda ran together . Overlapped great til it all came crashing down.

Anything ?? Anybody ??