Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-01-2012, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
You put anything down for money you need a license.
How about compost tea??? or and actual soil ammendment know as compost??? Topsoil???

In most states it is herbicides/pesticides that are 'regulated'... just askin'...
Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Stuff in the pesticide/herbicide dept.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Stuff in the pesticide/herbicide dept.

So in NY,,, I do NOT need a license to apply, Milorganite???
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

organics to
.NY wants to know what everyone is putting down regardless. and they want the money to

Last edited by grandview (2006); 04-01-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

C'Mon Smallaxe, we did this in another thread.

First, herbicides fall under pesticides as do insecticides and fungicides.....that is covered in the 101 class

second you need a license to apply any pesticide for commercial use (for money) and it also includes the idiots that apply it for "free" with a full service contract, because technically it is not "free" as they need to pay for the grass cutting to get the "free" service, therefore, it is not "free" but "included"

third, there is now a certification to apply any fertilizer, and the application of fertilizer is restricted to the dates of April 1 to Dec 1.

The fertilizer certification is in addition to the pesticide license. We are waiting on final word on how the county level laws will be superseded by the new state level law. but currently I cannot renew my home improvement license without the fertilizer certificate (dont get me started on the home improvement license, as that is in additon the both the pesticide and fertilizer laws)

So in conclusion, if milorginate is registered as a fertilizer, then yes you need a certification to apply it.

Compost, topsoil, compost tea are currently not registered as fertilizers, therefore exempt......poulty manure is exempt unless it is manipulated, which means that if it is composted and put into a form that is able to be put into a spreader it is considered a fertilizer, but if you scoop it out of the coop and throw it on a lawn with a shovel you are exempt.

Shall we continue or should we just say, it's ridiculous and NY is just making up sh!t to tax the small business into oblivion.

www.CTPreservation.com

www.ChristmasDecorNY.com

"What do you mean we canít get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
Walt Disney
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

turfhokie, I was pointing out the fact, that at the beginning of this thread, there was confusion about the difference between NPK and 'cides... even more recently, I was told that of course fert. reg. is required, becuz both herbicide AND pesticides are included...

hence my question about Milorganite, becuz I wnated to know if it was herbicide or pesticide...

fertilizers kill weeds and prevent crabgrass according to the Scott's Label...

if our discussion is always at the class 101 primer level then somebody better step up and educate beyond box store labels... just sayin'...
Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

what about in VA? also what is the cost of the license average?