Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Trailer

How do you like the trailer? I just bought a black 7x14 lark 2 months ago.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnman View Post
Thanks man. I got my trailer from DTW i got a great deal on it. I might be looking to add another mower in the fall i m stuck between scag v ride and wright stander rh
I have the 52" scag v-ride
I can fit it in almost all of my smaller yards, it really surprises me where I can take it and it can cut perfectly at full speed. I cut down my time on larger lawns by half, and I can literally do some of my smaller ones in less than 10 minutes while still making them look perfect. V-ride was the best decision I have made thus far. I have heard great things about the wrights, but I have heard the quicktraks are actually better but the down fall on both is they don't have a deck on them compared to the velocity plus (the quiktracks don't even use the 7iron). And the v-ride fits very nicely on my 6x12 leaving alot of extra room - I was worried I would have to upgrade my trailer when shopping around, not even close with the 52"

Just something for you to think about in your decision

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Just some stripes. I really feel like I m taking my business in the right direction this year. From now on I m just going to build it the best I can with top quality work.
The only thing I can see wrong with your pictures is in the second one whenever you curved to miss the post - trying going in the opposite path twice to the right of the post (Two passes) to make that curve line completely disappear - it takes nothing to do it but it will look a-lot nicer once done.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 08-08-2013, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

It didn't copy the pictures - I am referring to post #140, second picture. sorry!

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 08-08-2013, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajn84 View Post
How do you like the trailer? I just bought a black 7x14 lark 2 months ago.
I love my trailer. Its build well and its a perfect weight for a trailer. Where i got it the guy order it with a 6'6' inside height and its perfect. Its a great trailer. I was going to get a 14 but im so happy i got the 16 because i the extra two feet really helps.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lego View Post
The only thing I can see wrong with your pictures is in the second one whenever you curved to miss the post - trying going in the opposite path twice to the right of the post (Two passes) to make that curve line completely disappear - it takes nothing to do it but it will look a-lot nicer once done.
I start from the middle and work my way out i go around the pole on the right and on the way back i go over it the marks going around the pole. It never like that but that day it was.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I have the 52" scag v-ride
I can fit it in almost all of my smaller yards, it really surprises me where I can take it and it can cut perfectly at full speed. I cut down my time on larger lawns by half, and I can literally do some of my smaller ones in less than 10 minutes while still making them look perfect. V-ride was the best decision I have made thus far. I have heard great things about the wrights, but I have heard the quicktraks are actually better but the down fall on both is they don't have a deck on them compared to the velocity plus (the quiktracks don't even use the 7iron). And the v-ride fits very nicely on my 6x12 leaving alot of extra room - I was worried I would have to upgrade my trailer when shopping around, not even close with the 52"

Just something for you to think about in your decision
I love my scags need to drive one to see if i like it and i drove wright and i m not to crazy about them. I love me a scag. The only dealers around here are scag and wright so i have to pick between them. I can only fit one more mower then i will be out of room. So its going to come down to what i like more for the stand on mower.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I would personally go with the scag - I can't see the wright deck cutting like the velocity plus. If I am wrong I will gladly put my own foot in my mouth. From my understanding wrights are more expensive too (don't have a dealer in my area though). Stick with scag and keep an orange fleet!

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
I start from the middle and work my way out i go around the pole on the right and on the way back i go over it the marks going around the pole. It never like that but that day it was.
Sorry - I wasn't downing your work at all, everything looks great, just giving you a pointer to possibly make it better. Don't take it the wrong way.

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
I would personally go with the scag - I can't see the wright deck cutting like the velocity plus. If I am wrong I will gladly put my own foot in my mouth. From my understanding wrights are more expensive too (don't have a dealer in my area though). Stick with scag and keep an orange fleet!
I love scag but i will need to see wright is cheaper in the winter and i love the orange. But its going to come down what i like more.