Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Goodall Walkbehind (old one) Parts Available??

A friend of my neighbors has an older (mid - late 70's / early 80's at the latest) Goodall 52" Walk behind for sale. I'm aware that Goodall / Bunton's were the same at some point but was wondering if anyone that knows (or possibly owns/owned one) if parts are available / interchangeable with other models etc?

I'm not so much worried about belts, engines etc that are common, but I am wondering about spindles, "small / specific" hardware and things of that nature that may not be available any longer.

I'm pretty handy and (like most of us) have needed to fabricate / modify the occasional part, but I'm wondering if someone can give me some input on parts availability?

The price is good, very low hours, but that's kind of meaningless if it can only be used for "lawn art" if something breaks.

Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn4me View Post
A friend of my neighbors has an older (mid - late 70's / early 80's at the latest) Goodall 52" Walk behind for sale. I'm aware that Goodall / Bunton's were the same at some point but was wondering if anyone that knows (or possibly owns/owned one) if parts are available / interchangeable with other models etc?

I'm not so much worried about belts, engines etc that are common, but I am wondering about spindles, "small / specific" hardware and things of that nature that may not be available any longer.

I'm pretty handy and (like most of us) have needed to fabricate / modify the occasional part, but I'm wondering if someone can give me some input on parts availability?

The price is good, very low hours, but that's kind of meaningless if it can only be used for "lawn art" if something breaks.

Any input would be appreciated.
The older Buntons and Ransomes Bobcats are REALLY hard to get parts for, mostly because those companies changed hands so many times. They also seemed to have changed dealer networks a lot too, so even trying to find a mom-and-pop type dealer that has a treasure chest of new old stock parts laying around is really tough. I had a 48" Bunton form like the mid-late 90s for a while last year, and even trying to find a pulley for it was damn near impossible. I can only imagine what it would be for something that old. I think you pretty much summed it up with the "lawn art" statement, I hate to say that because I really LOVE old equipment, but unfortunately with a lot of these companies, parts are just non existent.

My Pictures:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=302091
Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks,

That's exactly the conclusion I was coming to. I've been searching for a few days and can't seem to find any real parts sources for some of those older machines.

It's a shame, it's in nice shape but I just don't need another piece of equip sitting around "because it needs a $4 part" that is no longer available on planet earth...