Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-15-2012, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgaengineer View Post
Damn skippy...been waiting on Friday since Monday!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Unfortunately, I may actually get to work some this Sunday. Something I hate to do with a passion but gotta small install job 90% complete and got washed out with rain. Need to get it wrapped up.

Took a good long nap today...
Old 06-15-2012, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Barnes View Post
IS it Tuesday yet?
Sheesh...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yes the exmark 26 has it issues. I have broken 2 handles and they were replaced by exmark at no charge, they shipped to me so I could install so I don't have to wait for shop to get done. The engines do work loose once in a while but that is a check we do every other week. Belts break once a year or so. and the front wheels do need a upgrade kit every other year. Sounds if you have gotten one of the older models. But they increase our work significantly. and they save labor costs. The bravo has some faults also and we are running 3 bravos and 3 exmarks at this time and it is a toss up but will never go back to the 21 period no matter how many problems I have with the bigger mowers. It just saves too much money over all. I do have a exmark 26 that is a first run that has well over 3000 hours on it and just waiting for the engine to blow. then she will be a parts machine. she just keeps on ticking probably get 5k hours on her before she is junk.

Once you get used to the quirks you will be far ahead.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Sheesh...
Posted via Mobile Device
Holy Moly!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Yes the exmark 26 has it issues. I have broken 2 handles and they were replaced by exmark at no charge, they shipped to me so I could install so I don't have to wait for shop to get done. The engines do work loose once in a while but that is a check we do every other week. Belts break once a year or so. and the front wheels do need a upgrade kit every other year. Sounds if you have gotten one of the older models. But they increase our work significantly. and they save labor costs. The bravo has some faults also and we are running 3 bravos and 3 exmarks at this time and it is a toss up but will never go back to the 21 period no matter how many problems I have with the bigger mowers. It just saves too much money over all. I do have a exmark 26 that is a first run that has well over 3000 hours on it and just waiting for the engine to blow. then she will be a parts machine. she just keeps on ticking probably get 5k hours on her before she is junk.

Once you get used to the quirks you will be far ahead.
You list a shitload of problems and you tell me/us we got a first gen model...I never had a part break on mine...I sold it too fast. It couldn't cut thick bermuda...period...left circles all over lawns and was so underpowered that I cannot imagine R&D allowing it to be sold with such a weak engine. It would be like putting a pinto engine in an F250 and expecting it to pull a camper.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
You list a shitload of problems and you tell me/us we got a first gen model...I never had a part break on mine...I sold it too fast. It couldn't cut thick bermuda...period...left circles all over lawns and was so underpowered that I cannot imagine R&D allowing it to be sold with such a weak engine. It would be like putting a pinto engine in an F250 and expecting it to pull a camper.
Posted via Mobile Device
Can understand that for bermuda but we cut rye and fescue lawns. not underpowered except for the thick tall rained on grass in early spring. Other than that fine. I still wouldn't trade it for another 21" Saves me roughly 20k a year in labor costs over a 21 even with the problems they have. And to tell you the truth once you get used to its quirks it is no different than any other mower. I do wish they would build a normal walk behind in a 32" with a 10-12 hp engine that can be operated like a 21 can. You just can't throw anyone on a 36" hydro walk and expect things to look good.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No quirks on my 40 toro, 48 scag or 60 Kubota...many hours with oil, fuel and blade changes...not total parts failure

If I had a mower that kept breaking handles I'd junk it!

If it works for you, more power to ya...but until they can build it to last ill use a 21...which for me is almost never.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
No quirks on my 40 toro, 48 scag or 60 Kubota...many hours with oil, fuel and blade changes...not total parts failure

If I had a mower that kept breaking handles I'd junk it!

If it works for you, more power to ya...but until they can build it to last ill use a 21...which for me is almost never.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok well you are comparing apples to oranges. You can't put any of those mowers on a ticky tacky home. Most houses here average 2-4k in turf with landscaped beds. You can't put a big mower there otherwise I would. Please keep reality in check!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You would laugh of you saw my smallest lawns cut with my 40"...I have one that's probably 500 sq ft front and another that's 1000 sq ft front. I do both with my 40" and they look great. I am however bidding on a 29 acre cemetery and I'm wondering if my 40 is going to work out, going out tomorrow to measure the paths to see if they are over 40"...if so I'm game, of not I will have to look for something that will fit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
You would laugh of you saw my smallest lawns cut with my 40"...I have one that's probably 500 sq ft front and another that's 1000 sq ft front. I do both with my 40" and they look great. I am however bidding on a 29 acre cemetery and I'm wondering if my 40 is going to work out, going out tomorrow to measure the paths to see if they are over 40"...if so I'm game, of not I will have to look for something that will fit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ok? So If I had no landscaped beds I could fit a 72 or larger on some of my small lawns but note you are still comparing apples to a candy bar. If it won't fit then you can't use it, thus we use the larger push mowers on most of our accounts. Now on the larger accounts we put what will fit.
Before you respond please look when I joined LS.