Register free!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Need some creative advice

I planted an Island for a customer and now I want to do the opposite side of the yard.

I was going to do a mirror image with all the same plants. But I thought maybe I can use different plants and trees for the other side, What do you think?

The middle part of the yard is going to have a butterfly garden and some trees.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Irongate subdivision? How's the boro? Shoot me some pictures of the job site and I'll do a free picture rendering for you. The mirror image looks dull IMHO, with the amount of money you have in that planting bed I would put some nice trees... Maybe walnut trees...? along side the wooden fence. Add some shade and keep the design from looking like someone made a quick run to homedepot to spruce up their yard throw some nice rocks in the current design as well. It needs some lovin

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not Iron gate. A newer sub called Carrington. The homeowners want the mirror image. I can't get a good close shot of the Islands cause they are 40 feet long and won't fit in the camera lens. I don't have a front angle shot of the fence side but if you can figure a sketch from the pictures I have or a blank from a program, that would be cool.

The Boro is growing but we still don't have a Home Depot or a place that sell landscape boulders. Only one close by nursery or lowes to get material. Shoot we just got approved to sell beer on Sunday.!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do the mirror image or something close. To repeat it on the other side of the yard but with different plants will look hodgepodge.

BTW - why did they want an island instead of a perimeter planting? If you'd have hugged the fence with the bed it would have made the lawn area much more usable... Just my .02.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I was saying to plant a row of trees along side the entire wooden fence, not just a little bed on the other side

Ive taken advantage of the world market and started a new business. We are building bombs in the shape of prayer blankets for our middle eastern customers. Business couldnt be better. The prophets are going through the roof!!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALandscapes View Post
Do the mirror image or something close. To repeat it on the other side of the yard but with different plants will look hodgepodge.

BTW - why did they want an island instead of a perimeter planting? If you'd have hugged the fence with the bed it would have made the lawn area much more usable... Just my .02.
Not sure what you mean by hugging the fence. The chain link fence is the neighbors, had to leave some room.

The homeowners have a kitchen window they will sit at. When they look out they will see the Island on the left that is already planted , then the mirror Island on the right by the brown fence.

The middle will have a large butterfly garden Island and behind that will have to large Jap red maples.